• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

question about fotball.

Blockbot

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2011
If you are in offside. and than pass the ball to another person that is aswell in offside. does that count as a offside?

I know that if the person that passes the ball is not in offside and pass the ball to one who is in offside counts as offside.

errr hang on here - you cannot be offside if you are in possession of the ball. If you were in an offside position before receiving the ball then you have committed an offside offense - with one possible exception i can think of under recent-ish rule changes.

Being in an offside position means being in the opponent's half of the pitch, and between (in respect of the length of the pitch only) the ball and the opponent's goal, while less than 2 opponents are between you and their goal.

Someone can find themselves in an offside position with the ball legitimately either if he has run with the ball from an onside position or if he was onside before the ball was passed to him.

So in answer to the first question - you could say as long as the first guy passes the ball backwards to his team mate (or in fact in any direction as long as when it is kicked the ball is between the receiver and the goal) then this an example of the exception.
However - as i understand the definition of an offiside position to include the position of the ball then by definition the receiver would not be in an offside position anyway.

Unless the second question referred to this, is the exception you are thinking of when a player intercepts an opponent's back pass maybe, under the rules that changed a few years ago?

Upvote 0
If you are in offside. and than pass the ball to another person that is aswell in offside. does that count as a offside?
No.

But technically you are not offside either, since if you were offside, then the game would have been stopped.

What you should have asked is, if two players have gotten behind opposing defenders, are they allowed to pass the ball to each other. In which case, the answer would be yes.

PS! dogbadger, that was the most complicated answer to a simple question that I've seen in a long while. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if he runs around the enemy players without passing the ball? :p

Edit: rofl, "enemy players" someone has played to much shooters xD

So you mean like two players of team X have passed all the defenders of team Y? Then the first player who passed the final defender of team Y should've had the ball, otherwise it's offside, isn't it? I don't watch football so I'm basing my guesses on my high school sports classes :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If no defenders are present the line of the ball matters - if the reciever is behind the ball then it's not offside

I made this for you (it's ugly I know xd):
offsidek.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Xendance
Upvote 0