• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Paused (stuck connecting, unable to join servers)

Upvote 0
Ever since the update has released for the new vehicles, I've been unable to join a server. Red Orchestra, Red Orchestra II, and Rising Storm have all worked flawless for me since I started playing the series in 2010. Now for the past few weeks the only thing I can do is go on Workshop to go up against bots, or play the original Red Orchestra. To try and adjust the filter on the server browser causes a crash, sometimes when I F10 to stop attempting to connect to a server (Which just failed after 2 minutes or so anyways) it crashes, and sometimes when I even go to start Red Orchestra II it takes much longer than it used to.

What on Earth happened when that update came out that screwed up my ability to join servers? When I choose one, it says "Connecting to Server: IP Address(or whatever it's called)" then a couple minutes later it says "Failed to connect to host" or some such thing. ROII/RS on Steam just hit 700 hours for me, yet a solid few of those hours were spent just trying to figure out what's wrong, not to mention how it often takes 10 minutes or so to ctrl-alt-delete out of ROII after a crash. Seriously, until it closes, my computer is pretty much inoperable. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game, made sure I have a solid internet connection, I honestly don't know how to remove the firewall from the game... it's been so long since I've pegged a player from 200m+ away, and I very much miss it...

Upvote 0
Ever since the update has released for the new vehicles, I've been unable to join a server. Red Orchestra, Red Orchestra II, and Rising Storm have all worked flawless for me since I started playing the series in 2010. Now for the past few weeks the only thing I can do is go on Workshop to go up against bots, or play the original Red Orchestra. To try and adjust the filter on the server browser causes a crash, sometimes when I F10 to stop attempting to connect to a server (Which just failed after 2 minutes or so anyways) it crashes, and sometimes when I even go to start Red Orchestra II it takes much longer than it used to.

What on Earth happened when that update came out that screwed up my ability to join servers? When I choose one, it says "Connecting to Server: IP Address(or whatever it's called)" then a couple minutes later it says "Failed to connect to host" or some such thing. ROII/RS on Steam just hit 700 hours for me, yet a solid few of those hours were spent just trying to figure out what's wrong, not to mention how it often takes 10 minutes or so to ctrl-alt-delete out of ROII after a crash. Seriously, until it closes, my computer is pretty much inoperable. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game, made sure I have a solid internet connection, I honestly don't know how to remove the firewall from the game... it's been so long since I've pegged a player from 200m+ away, and I very much miss it...
make sure punkbuster a and b are working when the game is started. open the task manager and look. I posted some fixes in this thread. [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=99389[/URL] far more current than the one you revived.

Upvote 0