• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Considering the purchase

I would definitely wait til a price drop to check out the game. By then, the game will be less buggy, hopefully have more polished and realistic gameplay, will hopefully not have major crashing and net-lag issues (high pings), and hopefully there will be some mods that improve the gameplay since the SDK will likely come out soon (we hope). Lots of hoping in that paragraph!

Given all those things I just listed, I would definitely wait a bit. The game certainly has some potential, but still isn't ready quite yet.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Is this a purchase that you guys regret making? or is it something you think was worth every penny.
Regret. In fact I feel scammed.

Anyway, if we put false promises, realism and historical accuracy aside and only look at gameplay, its very repetitive and gets boring quite quick due to map design.
The maps are small and narrow, pretty much like Bad Company maps thus every round plays almost the same as you have little choice of where to go and what to do and have to fight over the same few houses.
The tanks feel really out of place, can barely move out of spawn and once you kill one, it comes back in less than 30 sec to the same camping spot. Many servers turn off tanks completely for that and the built in aimbot AI.

So in the end RO2 is sort of hardcore mode, inf centered/only (definitely not combined arms) Bad Company 2, w/ a horrible unlock system and (prototype) WW2 weapons.. and ofc no destruction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I may be just lucky but ,I'm just not seeing these bugs everyone talks about.I get good performance and have NO game breaking bugs or even any small ones after the last few patches. For the price I think this game is well worth it considering the junk that's sold today for 50-60 bucks.This game already has solid gameplay and is very creative in its design.

Its well worth the price and will only improve with free content over the years.

Upvote 0
If you put the effort in its a very rewarding game, hard as nails and you will die ALOT. But that doesnt matter as long as your getting objectives :)

There needs to be a few gameplay tweeks here and there. Performance is really good for me (but then i have a very good PC)

Most of the major of bugs have, 1 or 2 left i would say but not game breaking by any means.

Buy it, you will really enjoy it once you get comfy on a nice server and stuff.

Upvote 0
I'd hold off on buying the game. I regret the purchase at this point and BF3 is looking quite good if you need a first person shooter (and yes, I played and enjoyed the hell out of RO:Ost).

BF3 beta was terribad. I mean, it was a step BACKWARDS from BFBC2 in some ways. Less classes, nerfed snipers, even more stupid stuff like blinding flashlights (out in the sunny weather, what) and scopeglint and whathaveyou.

Upvote 0
I think I can finally recommend people purchase now. Enough of the crash bugs and terminal stuff has been solved. Of course there are still outstanding issues, but I know they'll get fixed, as do the people who don't feel like they've been scammed.

Personally, videos tell you 90% of what you need to know about RO2 before you buy. The only thing the forums can really help you figure out is what bugs remain. Unless you really want to sift through the complaints of people who have been here for over 2 weeks saying they don't like the game.

Upvote 0
BF3 beta was terribad. I mean, it was a step BACKWARDS from BFBC2 in some ways. Less classes, nerfed snipers, even more stupid stuff like blinding flashlights (out in the sunny weather, what) and scopeglint and whathaveyou.

Guess we have to agree to disagree. I like the combined classes and never cared for snipers much. I'd be willing to bet the promised features will be working along with pings in the 20s rather than the 100s.

Join date does not invalidate people's opinions and that's exactly what the OP asked for.

Upvote 0
Dont buy this, its not worth the money and tbh I want mine back! If you read the forums most people are dissatisfied with the game, its a grotesque hybrid of realism and arcade, and it went wrong.

Some people (less than half of players in a recent poll) will tell you all is well, dont believe them.

Wait till this is a bargain bucket game ($9.99 or less) its not worth more than that!

Reactions: Krobar
Upvote 0
Opinions, opinions..

Well, for my part I never played the original Red Orchestra (which is a shame) but personally I've really liked this game.

It seems that people are having technical difficulties running the game which I have not personally experienced. It is sort of like what the poster above said that it might a sort of lottery of how well your computer will run this game.

Also I have not experienced many game breaking bugs which would have prevented me from playing or enjoying the matches. I have at some point in time run into one or two noticeable bugs but those have been rather rare and haven't occurred after the latest patches.

I'm not going to go into the gameplay mechanics much since those are even more opinions of taste by the person you are asking from which why I hope that TWI will have the chance to provide some sort of a free weekend tryout at some point to test the game (Beta servers maybe?) or something similar.

The last thing I'd like to say is that I have been positively surprised by the amount of support and patches the developers have been pushing out since the release. I don't think I've ever seen such a dedicated development team who focuses on post-release fixes before as I have seen here. At least not lately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I may be just lucky but ,I'm just not seeing these bugs everyone talks about.I get good performance and have NO game breaking bugs or even any small ones after the last few patches. For the price I think this game is well worth it considering the junk that's sold today for 50-60 bucks.This game already has solid gameplay and is very creative in its design.

Its well worth the price and will only improve with free content over the years.
Not really.
Maybe in about a year orso it will be worth the price. But not at the moment.

Upvote 0