• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Removal of ammo when visiting ammo boxes

Visit ammo box as allies antitank guy with empty magazines....

Visit ammo box as allies antitank guy with empty magazines....

If you play allies antitank soldier and have expended all ammo, first thought would be to run to a ammo box, right?

When I got to ammo dump, the ammo refresh sound chimed, tried to reload but no avail - still no ammo? WTF? Ran around couple of times, when got far enough, returned and another time ammo refresh sound chimed - and this time got ammo! Repeated this at least four times, first visit to ammo dump gave sound but no ammo. 2nd visit after ~25 m dash in the general direction of away gave the ammo for real...

This happened in TE-Fallenfighters, haven't tested elsewhere. The closest ammo box to allies side is lower left corner of the map.

Upvote 0
If you play allies antitank soldier and have expended all ammo, first thought would be to run to a ammo box, right?

When I got to ammo dump, the ammo refresh sound chimed, tried to reload but no avail - still no ammo? WTF? Ran around couple of times, when got far enough, returned and another time ammo refresh sound chimed - and this time got ammo! Repeated this at least four times, first visit to ammo dump gave sound but no ammo. 2nd visit after ~25 m dash in the general direction of away gave the ammo for real...

This happened in TE-Fallenfighters, haven't tested elsewhere. The closest ammo box to allies side is lower left corner of the map.

I've had the exact same thing before, except I could not resupply even after multiple tries (same map, multiple ammo box tried). I'm not playing AT anymore, though.

Upvote 0
I just had this happen to me on Commissars House.

Went to the ammo stockpile in the commissars house cap points with my PPSH-41, my current mag was 1/2 full and I only had 1 spare, which only had a few bullets in it, the stockpile took away my 1 remaining clip and I couldn't get any ammo out of it.

Ran to a different stockpile and it gave me ammo however.

Upvote 0

It seems somewhat linked to the ammo boxes handing out satchels to the AT soldier. If you wander up to an ammo spot without satchels (they're an unlock for the AT class), it will give you the satchels... and seemingly no AT rifle ammo. But if you head to an ammo box right after spawning to get the satchels... and return later it can give out AT rifle ammo. That's how I recall it working anyway.

As for the removal of ammo. I get this consistently. If you have more ammo than the default starting level (by whatever reason) and you wander past an ammo box, it will "reset" you to the standard ammo level for that weapon, even if you have more. Annoyingly, it resets the ammo level for pistols too... even though it will then refuse to rearm me with pistol ammo later on.

Upvote 0
It seems somewhat linked to the ammo boxes handing out satchels to the AT soldier. If you wander up to an ammo spot without satchels (they're an unlock for the AT class), it will give you the satchels... and seemingly no AT rifle ammo. But if you head to an ammo box right after spawning to get the satchels... and return later it can give out AT rifle ammo. That's how I recall it working anyway.

Aye, yes that was it. Didn't recall as this happened before reset.

Upvote 0
In soviet russia ammo box is resupplied by you?

I have seen ammo boxes refuse to give ammo but not take it, if this happens often I wonder if its effected by what unlocks you have or what weapons you try to resupply.

yes sir it takes away 2 clips every time,never fails :D,and not sure if takes away 2 drums from the MG or 1,but if you accidently pass by and you still have ammo with you....Oh well tough luck,you've just been Punked and robbed because in moter Russia Ammo box gets ressuplied by you,deal with it :D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
It seems to "attempt" to reset your ammunition. If you spawn with 7 mags, it will reset to 7 mags, even if you have more than that.

Ideally, it should only resupply ammunition that is below 100%.

Of course, the tricky part is getting it to resupply any of your ammunition at the moment. Oh well, at least grenades are being supplied correctly.

Upvote 0
It seems to "attempt" to reset your ammunition. If you spawn with 7 mags, it will reset to 7 mags, even if you have more than that.

Ideally, it should only resupply ammunition that is below 100%.

Of course, the tricky part is getting it to resupply any of your ammunition at the moment. Oh well, at least grenades are being supplied correctly.

No, I spawned with 3 mags and took 1 away; the bastard :p

Upvote 0