• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I kinda wish the title was different.

katzcinsky

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Instead of RO2 "Heroes of Stalingrad", I think it would be more in line with the original game to name RO2 "Stalingrad 42-43". The Name "Heroes of Stalingrad" stresses a rather gimicky feature in the game and not the historical accuracy we come to expect from the series.

this is less than worthy of a thread, i know.. i'm just saying.

Ask any war vet, they will tell you they were not heroes. Maybe just RO2 Stalingrad?

That could work in a way, but it's not descriptive of the game, nor is it that attractive a title. I mean, don't forget that TWI want more players than RO1 and they need to give people on the outside of the RO fanbase a title more indicative of what sort of game it actually is when they hear the name. Don't forget that a lot of the people buying the game grew up in countries where just about everything they would've learnt or seen about WW2 would often have much more to do with the western front, and they won't be too likely to know what Stalingrad even is. It could be some wierd music game for all they know, but the "Heroes of" part implies that it is an action game.

Upvote 0
. The Name "Heroes of Stalingrad" stresses a rather gimicky feature in the game and not the historical accuracy we come to expect from the series.

If anything in this game is a gimmick, it is the historical accuracy.

Stalingrad 42-43 would match with Ostfront, but considering that the game has changed ( realistic gameplay ) I would not want to keep the same title.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
luciferintears
I would agree if this game actually HAD historical authenticity and accuracy.

But seeing as how it doesnt, i think the game rather suits its gimmicky nature.
+1

katzcinsky
. The Name "Heroes of Stalingrad" stresses a rather gimicky feature in the game and not the historical accuracy we come to expect from the series.

Originally Posted by katzcinsky

If anything in this game is a gimmick, it is the historical accuracy.
+1

Timppaface
Stalingrad 42-43 would match with Ostfront, but considering that the game has changed ( realistic gameplay ) I would not want to keep the same title.
+1

Pure gold.
TWI, a u watching this. sigh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0