• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I prefer it to the PPSh, honestly. It may have way too much kick under most circumstances and have to be used so gingerly on full auto it's not even worth it....but when it works, man, it works. It eats people alive when they turn corners on you. It's the one weapon I have no reservations about firing from the hip under those conditions.

Upvote 0
Just used it tonight on one of my favorite servers popping off 5 rounds at a time. One time, I was laying prone in tall grass whilst a Gerry was running along a fence, popped off five rounds apparently missing him. He stops from a full sprint turns 90 degrees and greases me with a single round in the forehead. Good times. :D

Upvote 0
I use it like a SVT in semi mode only time I go full auto is when i'm room clearing and firing from the hip.

This actually. I love the AVT for its versatility:)

Yeah that's what I would do if I used it, the thing is one of its unlocks is extremely redundant... a bayonet.

What? The bayo is one of the best things ever to be put on the gun in-game. When out of ammo (very quickly with AVT) you have to bash, which is mostly a kill for the enemy since it never kills instantly and most of the time not even the second bash.

Upvote 0
What? The bayo is one of the best things ever to be put on the gun in-game. When out of ammo (very quickly with AVT) you have to bash, which is mostly a kill for the enemy since it never kills instantly and most of the time not even the second bash.

Indeed, after stats reset I kind of miss it for the semi autos, because suddenly an enemy armed with a bolt rifle will have the advantage over you in closecombat if he catches you while you are out of ammo.

I am currently in the process of earning bayonet unlocks for both. Also bayonet rampaging in town hall as axis on Spartanovka (or as allied in Gate House on Grain Elevator, or as whichever team in Propaganda House on Apartments) is simply one of the most enjoyable experiences in the game right now.

Upvote 0
I tried levelling it up recently, but it seems to be bugged with kill counts being added to the SVT-40 at the end-of-round instead.

It still reports that kill points acquired using the AVT-40 go towards the SVT-40, but it does seem that the AVT-40 kill points actually do level it up. Might be just a bug with the "after battle xp report" section.

Upvote 0
Don't really see a point to the weapon. Admittedly you would use it for CQC but the PPSh is better in every way (that matters). Who needs penetrating power when you can shower someone with bullets? And the magazine size is a HUGE disadvantage. The recoil on the weapon is also too much. Assuming you are fulfilling an assault role, you will gimp yourself by choosing this weapon over the PPSh.

Upvote 0
Don't really see a point to the weapon. Admittedly you would use it for CQC but the PPSh is better in every way (that matters). Who needs penetrating power when you can shower someone with bullets? And the magazine size is a HUGE disadvantage. The recoil on the weapon is also too much. Assuming you are fulfilling an assault role, you will gimp yourself by choosing this weapon over the PPSh.

The benefit of the AVT is the option to switch to single-shot mode without changing class (or having to level PPSH up to 50). It really annoys me when I'm Assault, carrying the PPSH, discover someone has flanked us (Barracks a great example), and I don't have a bolt/etc to take them out at range. Trying to snipe them with the PPSH is usually fail, and I switch back to AVT or Rifleman to clear them out.

Upvote 0
The benefit of the AVT is the option to switch to single-shot mode without changing class (or having to level PPSH up to 50). It really annoys me when I'm Assault, carrying the PPSH, discover someone has flanked us (Barracks a great example), and I don't have a bolt/etc to take them out at range. Trying to snipe them with the PPSH is usually fail, and I switch back to AVT or Rifleman to clear them out.

I understand your point but I just don't think it's worth it when you can easily find a bolt or semi on the ground and use that instead. Even then, I don't think sniping with the PPSh is that bad. Ultimately I just feel like you give up way too much. Not to mention it feels a little awkward from a game design perspective to have a weapon whose main de facto function is to act as an SVT proxy.

Upvote 0
I understand your point but I just don't think it's worth it when you can easily find a bolt or semi on the ground and use that instead. Even then, I don't think sniping with the PPSh is that bad. Ultimately I just feel like you give up way too much. Not to mention it feels a little awkward from a game design perspective to have a weapon whose main de facto function is to act as an SVT proxy.

Agreed. When I'm using the PPSH, I'll usually pick up a spare bolt/semi if available. The AVT is definitely less all-rounded than the MKB. I keep hoping that there's some secret FTW aspect of it that the devs are waiting for us to figure out... Here's hoping. :)

Upvote 0
Code:
I tried levelling it up recently, but it seems to be bugged with kill counts being added to the SVT-40 at the end-of-round instead.

Dont worry, im working on my AVT at the moment and its LVL 29 but every game it says its going to my SVT but its actually not

Note: the recoil becomes alot more controllable when ur at lvl 29 with the AVT

Last edited:
Upvote 0