• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bf3 or ro2?

Battlefield can be really fun, i tried out the beta. Its just more relaxed, you don't need to think. Just put down as much firepower as you can.

I just don't like Origin and the EULA. It's creepy and i don't understand why people would want to give up so many rights to privacy to these peopole. Just for this thing NO THANKS, they can stick battlefield and any other Origin game up their ***

Upvote 0
Man i cant be assed with having origin AND steam installed

Also i was a medic in bf2 and with health regen kind of kills it for me, was bad enough having to chase someone across the map and they dont stop now they don't need to stop

Also 3d spotting., folk shooting at triangles of targets they cant even see

Also no mod tools

Health Regen is extremely slow and when suppressed you dont regen health. Whilst with Medic Kits, the regen is quicker and instant, obviously it doesnt stop people mowing you down.

And, 3D spotting doesnt exist anymore, DICE saw the complaints and eventually changed it. Now spotted enemies only appear on the minimap and only when in your line of sight.

Also, about the lack of Mod tools, its a bit of a shame, but I think we'd see a lot of harm done with the Mod tools, considering a few members of the BF community arent quite as mature as the RO2 community.

Upvote 0
You do realize why they call it a beta don't you? If you think bf2 was better in any way than bf3 please tell us why cause i can't think of anything.

Quality over quantity, ever since they moved to frostbite engine, they've removed everything that made BF games great on the PC, mod tools for example, dedicated server files (they are locked to gameservers now if i remember correctly, so the independent game server providers lose business because of it, should i also mention free map packs on BF2?

above reasons are why id choose RO2 over BF3, it comes with everything out of the box that a PC game should have, and aren't locking the game down like its a console game.

btw, im no fanboy of RO2, so im not defending it and attacking BF3 for no reason... I've played Quake Live more since RO2 has been released and during the BF3 beta, but i've played both enough to know whats the better buy..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You do realize why they call it a beta don't you? If you think bf2 was better in any way than bf3 please tell us why cause i can't think of anything.

Mod Support. If you ever played Battle Racers, you would whole heartedly agree.

What entertains me about this is the fact that BF2 was made with the help of the mod team that made Desert Combat, yet BF3 has no mod support. Money Hungry EA comin atcha!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Get BF3 now and buy RO2 when TW or a modding team fix the gameplay if that will ever even happen. Frankly I would recommend getting RO1 over RO2. BF3 in hardcore mode will probably be equaly 'realistic' as RO2.

Exactly my thoughts.

I played the BF3 beta three days straight until they shut it down. I've played RO1 a week straight and even joined the 29th with the Darkest Hour Mod, what a great game (RO1). Playtimes 8h each week.

While playing bf3 i often had the feeling, that RO2 tried to copy the mainstream elements of bf3 but failed. The suppression in RO2 feels not right, in bf3 it feels right, because you know its a game aspect, it doesn't have to be real.

The sprinting in bf3 feels right, because thinking as a game aspect its perfect. In RO2 it just feels unreal.

My opinion is, that TW tried to mix the realism of RO1 with pure gaming aspects of BF3. This failed. Stats failed. Most of the time this failed attempts at pushing it more towards a COD/BF3 gameplay shine through the game. This kinda ruins it for me.

I love RO1 and i love BadCompany2, they where not comparable.

But now, RO2 _IS_ comparable with BF3 and it fails in nearly every aspect in my eyes.

BF3 has gone the other way, they gone slightly more into realism which was done very well.

Now its for the mods to push RO2 back in the realism mode, where it hopefully will outshine BF3, making it into another subgenre of ego shooters, like RO1 was.

BF3 is a no-brainer, it just will be major fun.
RO2 depends on the future of development and mods.

But you have to consider, that all the new mainstream features TW tried to bring into RO2 was their first attempt. DICE had a LOT of experience beforehand. RO3 will contain this new experience, which TW had aquired with RO2.

So long story short, go for BF3 if you are unsure.
RO2 will probably be great with the incoming mods and future support from TW.

RO3 will be a perfect RO2 ;-)

Upvote 0
Forget Skyrim, Sell you soul to erm... Dark Souls! Just killed the Stray demon and was ****ing awesome, so many tries but damn it feels good...

Awesome game, but you die... a LOT. Still loving it regardless.

My suggestion is get both. I have both, and I'm happy with them for different reasons. They kill the cravings in different ways, you could say.

Upvote 0
For me its Ro2 all the way I grow so tired of modern fps all being the same nothing new just copy and pasted remakes of other games.Im just not a fan of mindless arcade shooters while others prefer them and both sides have that right. Personally I feel that the challenge has been taken away from fps and CoDMW started it and all others followed them besides modes and maps their all pretty much the same.For me ro1 and ro2 is a breath of fresh air and unique compared to the fps clones that's released today.

Besides ro2 new games feel like a first person shooter on training wheels:p
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess it depends on what style of play you prefer; RO2 and BF3 are differently paced games and thus give a different experience when playing each, as was said a few posts above :)
y suggestion is get both. I have both, and I'm happy with them for different reasons. They kill the cravings in different ways, you could say.

If you had a chance to play BF3 Open Beta while Caspian Border was up (the final weekend, where Caspian was open to all), and highly enjoyed that, then I would go with BF3. There's always a free RO2 weekend to look forward to in the future, if you want to wait to try it out before you purchase.

I'd recommend to get both (I will :D), but you said you can't at this moment, so if you can get a chance to test out RO2, maybe that will help make your decision with one over the other at this time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0