• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To all the anti-fanboys/fanboys...

There seems to be a community of people who like to act like..

"If you don't like this game derp derp then you should go play something deerp, and if you think this was supposed to be like RO1 deerp I'm sorry that you don't like Stalingrad for what it is derp derp because you're either a COD fanboy or expected too much deeeerp"

The reason that sounds so idiotic is because that is my interpretation of you as well...basically a human being. You can't even distinguish legitimate complaints versus just whining. Most people are making statements and complaints about actual issues that really are effecting gameplay or reasonable expectations.

Reasonable expectations:

Accuracy

Legitimate complaint in regards to weapons being too accurate or at least being too easily manipulated to shoot accurately...if you can snap shot then what's the difference between this and any FPS in the 90's?

What? you think that's because I can't "handle it", on the contrary, whether the weapons are super accurate or less accurate, skill wise I'm still going to get lots of kills in a game because I'm a pretty damn good gamer (which is nothing to be proud of mind you, it's just a game) so I typically pick up whatever gun it is and figure out how to use it effectively in a few minutes, it's not a challenge.

What is a problem is the overall experience which many of you lack the ability to envision beyond your own personal experience. I'm not here to pick off the enemy by camping in a little nook shooting everyone pretending to be pro, I'm looking for how the game flows, what ambiance is created on the battlefield.

Like a movie there should be some cinematic moments experienced, not this environment where everyone is a top marksman...hell everyone would have a sniper rifle if they were this good in real life. You pop your head out and you get popped by a guy 130 meters away on the first try and he was actually sprinting at the time instantly stopped and aimed his weapon to kill you.

Really? this is what an experience is to you? Use some sense man, stop thinking about yourself.

Larger maps

Yes, we expected larger maps those of us who played RO1. Why? for a perfectly good reason, because it's basically been a staple for the game. I mean hell these maps were huge...probably too huge, but they were still fun. What these maps brought was an element of reality and an experience. It means that hey, see that church in the distance I'm going there and I'm sitting in a half track with a bunch of my teamates with a real driver and a machine gunner at top, and well we might even get blown up by a tank but hopefully not. Or we might even get hit by an anti-tank slug that nails the engine and now we all have to fly out of the vehicle which hopefully isn't a trap with a machine gunner that's going to mow us down upon exit.

You know what you get instead? a big shoe box with a very limited and typical boundary that you find in all games, with no infantry vehicles...a few tanks that pretty much feel like half tracks in the game...and the typical camping that comes along with your favorite shooter.

I'm sorry if you're ok with that, because you know no better...but for us there was an engrossing environment that felt authentic and interesting, something different but not quite revolutionary but simple enough to be engaging and memorable as it was more believable in these places being actual places rather than some buildings in a shoe box called "insert name here" which really don't captivate the essence of where you are fighting at all just like you would in a modern warfare game. It's supposed to be in some cool wide open real life place but then you fight in a shoe box in that really big cool awesome place, just doesn't live up to it's expectations man.

Destructible environments

This has nothing to do with what was in RO1, in actuality this is a statement from interviews and the like, and well wouldn't it be common sense to have destructible environments and some destruction?

Oh what what? we got a really cool sunglare feature that you don't even notice unless you're starring at the sky and have a PC to run it? with some nifty shadows. I don't know about you guys but that crap really doesn't do anything for myself.

Once I'm in the game, I don't notice what things look like all that much because I'm trying to find the enemy or avoid the enemy. This doesn't add to the ambiance to me. Now the tipped over wooden carriage being blown to pieces in front of me flinging shrapnel all over me or completely disappearing...yeah I think I'm going to notice that one!

I'm sorry that to you there's one map where some houses and fences partially destruct and lite on fire and for you that is destruction. But that doesn't do a thing for me either, it's nice if it was combined with a lot of other cool things going on but it doesn't change the landscape or how you fight the battle. If you hide behind a fence you pretty much die anyway and the house is still intact enough to hide behind it anyway, big friggin deal.

Conclusion

There are other credible things like bugs that will be ironed out hopefully among other things that deserved to be mentioned and even addressed, especially when it's coming from more than one person, just because people are playing doesn't mean it's ok and in fact most people rather not take the time to give feedback regardless, that's why they're so hard up for those customer surveys and crap.

Anyway with that being said, I want to say this...

Look I don't know who you think you're representing, maybe you think TWI is going to send you a cool shirt or some stickers for defending the game with the real whining instead of the legitimate complaints, trying to shoot down everything pretending it's a perfect game like some idiot who can't take any criticism so they just lash out at anything anyone says to them that can possibly be perceived as negative, but get real...this is a great game but with some big problems that cannot be ignored and there are expectations as with any game so get used to it. Ultimately many of things will make a greater gaming experience, whether they will be implemented or not or changed/disagreed with in the eyes of TWI is up to them and maybe the modders later on.

But as of now, we all paid for this game, we have a right to express or concerns and complaints and if it's not addressed then people will just move on to another game...then you can snap shot each other all day long and live with everything the way it is.

Last edited:
Wall of text is wall of text.

//Edit:
In case you don't understand my point just from the above:
A) Look how often you've used the word "game". Now look up the word "simulator" - pretty sure that's what you meant. This is a game, and you clearly have no idea about all the factors the developers and other staff members have to think of, so even if the game was meant to be 'as realistic as possible' (which it is not), certain 'typical FPS' factors have to be included in order to have some sort of assurance regarding attracting an audience and making a profit - get real. This is, naturally, just the tip of the iceberg.
B) Maybe you think you're helping by posting thread after thread, containing long walls of meandering text that in reality most people don't even read - but you're not. This is the harsh reality. Pretend you're in high-school and you need to write an English essay; be precise and concise.
C) You're making everything worse.. practically everything. For example: "But that doesn't do a thing for me either, it's nice if it was combined with a lot of other cool things going on". Don't see what's wrong with that? Idiots like you gather in masses and come up with these ideas, to include 'many cool things' with 'more cool things' jacked up with 'an awesome titbit' - and then they complain about features they don't like, although they personally have never specified anything at all, in any detail, other than the epic proportions of their whining and inability to provide proper feedback.
D) This could go on ad infinitum; hopefully you get the jist of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So basically, you were expecting a lot of things because A) You interpreted gaming convention interviews freely and incorrectly, and B) you were expecting a bunch of stuff because you wished they would be in the game.

The game is nothing more and nothing less than what was hinted at or promised before release. It is missing a lot of things in it's current state but the promise is that all things will be implemented in the future. It blows my mind that some people are accusing the developers of lying and misleading the players.

Upvote 0
I know reading is hard, but you might give it a try some time.

Anyway, I agree with the OP on pretty much everything. The only features that seem to work in this game are completely pointless to the gameplay, specifically destruction as you pointed out.
I'm sure you know that reading is hard, however you clearly don't have enough experience to understand what I'm referring to, as you see, these types of people are very common and they're normally the downfall of games such as these. Anyway, I had edited my previous post, although I suppose the change did not occur on time. See below:

//Edit:
In case you don't understand my point just from the above:
A) Look how often you've used the word "game". Now look up the word "simulator" - pretty sure that's what you meant. This is a game, and you clearly have no idea about all the factors the developers and other staff members have to think of, so even if the game was meant to be 'as realistic as possible' (which it is not), certain 'typical FPS' factors have to be included in order to have some sort of assurance regarding attracting an audience and making a profit - get real. This is, naturally, just the tip of the iceberg.
B) Maybe you think you're helping by posting thread after thread, containing long walls of meandering text that in reality most people don't even read - but you're not. This is the harsh reality. Pretend you're in high-school and you need to write an English essay; be precise and concise.
C) You're making everything worse.. practically everything. For example: "But that doesn't do a thing for me either, it's nice if it was combined with a lot of other cool things going on". Don't see what's wrong with that? Idiots like you gather in masses and come up with these ideas, to include 'many cool things' with 'more cool things' jacked up with 'an awesome titbit' - and then they complain about features they don't like, although they personally have never specified anything at all, in any detail, other than the epic proportions of their whining and inability to provide proper feedback.
D) This could go on ad infinitum; hopefully you get the jist of it.

//Another Edit:
Also see Sufyan's post above - he gets it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know reading is hard, but you might give it a try some time.

Anyway, I agree with the OP on pretty much everything. The only features that seem to work in this game are completely pointless to the gameplay, specifically destruction as you pointed out.

You obviously havn't played enough to reconize any advantages to the destruction, as a machine gunner after the fences blow up, i have a much better view of the battlefield.

As for op:

You're accuracy statement is very strange.

You claim you are in cover and stick you're head out and get shot so quickly its ridiculous.

You claim the guy that shot you is running around not getting shot killing you instantly with a head shot.

I don't know if you're playing much on fallen fighters or pavlovs house but its usually the guy running around who ends up dead!

Also please show me how this is possible. Are you really claiming that someone is able in this game to pull of a headshot at 130m, standing up after having seen you while running?

It is very hard to see someone peep up while running.

I would like video proof that this is possible in RO2.

If this was just an exageration for argument sake, well its not a real argument its just complaining, you're not bringing anything serious to the table. You're not bringing any data as to why exacly the accuracy in this game is "unrealistic" or way too easy. You're just giving you're personal opinion and not stating an objective issue.

The stock maps in Ro1 were hardly bigger then the ones in Ro2, with the exeption maybe of arad which would be comparable to Gumrak and really no one played arad, Gumrak is hardly played either. If you did play Ro1 you would know that the bigger maps came later and were made by the community.... Why wouldn't the big maps be comming?

The most played maps were actually smaller maps like stalingradkessel and Danzig. I can see why they made the choice to go for Stalingrad as the battleground for the sequel.

If you would make a serious argument as to why something should be done in another way, i'm sure it would be taken more seriously, but i'm afraid you're post is just ranting.

Upvote 0
You obviously havn't played enough to reconize any advantages to the destruction, as a machine gunner after the fences blow up, i have a much better view of the battlefield.

As for op:

You're accuracy statement is very strange.

You claim you are in cover and stick you're head out and get shot so quickly its ridiculous.

You claim the guy that shot you is running around not getting shot killing you instantly with a head shot.

I don't know if you're playing much on fallen fighters or pavlovs house but its usually the guy running around who ends up dead!

Also please show me how this is possible. Are you really claiming that someone is able in this game to pull of a headshot at 130m, standing up after having seen you while running?

It is very hard to see someone peep up while running.

I would like video proof that this is possible in RO2.

If this was just an exageration for argument sake, well its not a real argument its just complaining, you're not bringing anything serious to the table. You're not bringing any data as to why exacly the accuracy in this game is "unrealistic" or way too easy. You're just giving you're personal opinion and not stating an objective issue.

The stock maps in Ro1 were hardly bigger then the ones in Ro2, with the exeption maybe of arad which would be comparable to Gumrak and really no one played arad, Gumrak is hardly played either. If you did play Ro1 you would know that the bigger maps came later and were made by the community.... Why wouldn't the big maps be comming?

The most played maps were actually smaller maps like stalingradkessel and Danzig. I can see why they made the choice to go for Stalingrad as the battleground for the sequel.

If you would make a serious argument as to why something should be done in another way, i'm sure it would be taken more seriously, but i'm afraid you're post is just ranting.
Yay, he gets it, too.

Upvote 0
You know why that's a legitimate complaint? because many of people will agree, and many of these people will agree by not playing. Then you'll be stuck with a small community of people like yourself who believe that everything is peachy.

I'm not sure how people are capable of blinding themselves to what's right in front of their faces and hard to deny, but I guess your opinion shatters the reality of things...at least in your world.

If anything, it's people who continue to deny things because they want to believe that it works when it really doesn't...especially if these people are the ones that can change things.

For whatever excuse they convince themselves of, if not just outright dismissal or denial.

Upvote 0
You know why that's a legitimate complaint? because many of people will agree, and many of these people will agree by not playing. Then you'll be stuck with a small community of people like yourself who believe that everything is peachy.

I'm not sure how people are capable of blinding themselves to what's right in front of their faces and hard to deny, but I guess your opinion shatters the reality of things...at least in your world.

If anything, it's people who continue to deny things because they want to believe that it works when it really doesn't...especially if these people are the ones that can change things.

For whatever excuse they convince themselves of, if not just outright dismissal or denial.
Okay, I'll put it out there: You're a moron. We're not denying anything - we are very well aware that this game has an abundant amount of issues. We, unlike you, provide _proper_ feedback about these issues and have been doing so for a while. Now, _WE_ understand that once an issue has been reported multiple times, reporting it any further no longer stresses it's importance but is just quite literally nagging - it's not going to get the developers to work faster, better, or more efficiently or w/e it is that you're trying to achieve.

'These people', the ones who can change things, are essentially us and not you. You see, no matter how immature it might seem, the developers are more likely to listen to people who post constructive feedback with actual suggestions, rather than just complaints (for example). You might as well have posted bullet-points with "This is ****" and "That is ****" and "This is also ****" and so forth, because you're doing nothing other than repeating what others have said and providing nothing of any real value to anyone who might be interested in reading your wall of text in order to improve this game.

I am very well aware of this not-so-peachy situation of this game - I play it competitively, at least to the current extent to which the game allows one to do so.. I post my experiences as well, and I post feedback, and I contact the developers should I find it necessary to let them know something, instead of seemingly contacting the community and sort of setting up a 'lets-bash-the-devs' type of flashmob, which inevitably sets up a counter-bash flashmob and so we really get nowhere. Stop holding us back.

Upvote 0

You're right it is a legitimate complaint.
It is an OPINION which many people agree with. From what i've seen on polls in this forum, about 50% of people agree with it. How is it legitimate to say that other people differing opinions on the game are somehow divorced from reality? You are basically saying that any opinion other than yours is wrong.

To me this game is extremely fun, and i know many people who agree with me. If my opinion is wrong then by all means try and prove it, but you will also be trying to prove the other few thousand people playing the game irght now wrong, and you will fail i'm sure.

But hey, if you're somehow capable of seeing a 'reality' that i am not privvy to then i hope you enjoy it, because to me it sounds horrible.

Upvote 0

Who said everythings peachy?

What exacly is not working?

You do have some nerve saying someones reality is lesser then your's. I find that pretty obnoxious, please enlighten us on what reality is?

And you can go on about denial all you want, you're not getting to any point or making any arguments you're expressing you're opinion of people well, i don't care give me something to chew on.

Upvote 0
You're right it is a legitimate complaint.
It is an OPINION which many people agree with. From what i've seen on polls in this forum, about 50% of people agree with it. How is it legitimate to say that other people differing opinions on the game are somehow divorced from reality? You are basically saying that any opinion other than yours is wrong.

To me this game is extremely fun, and i know many people who agree with me. If my opinion is wrong then by all means try and prove it, but you will also be trying to prove the other few thousand people playing the game irght now wrong, and you will fail i'm sure.

But hey, if you're somehow capable of seeing a 'reality' that i am not privvy to then i hope you enjoy it, because to me it sounds horrible.
This is much like the new episode of South Park:
"We have seen the truth, the real world.. everyone is forced to live in a false reality.. and we're the only ones who know about it!" -"YEAH!"

Upvote 0
I guess I have to interpret what I mean by reality as well.

Here is "reality" in the context of this game. The reality is this is a gameplay feature that does not work best for this game.

The reality is in the fact that it is not working, or working as well as it should be. This should be clear and common sense but most of you elude it and act as if the issues are not as significant as people are making them out to be. The fact of the matter is it is, everyone I see complains about it, whether in game or on the forum, that's as legitimate as it gets in terms of "reality".

The reason you are being discredited by me because instead of enforce the rhetoric you simply reply in a manner of which is dismissive of that argument.

Does this make sense? Do I need to break this down even further?

And why do you blame people for complaining when they receive hardly any feedback on the stance of certain issues? Maybe if they addressed their stance or made it clear their intentions or point of view and put them on a sticky....maaaaybe just maaaybe people wouldn't have to flood the forums with the same exact argument, especially if they just came here to post that argument. Furthermore everyone deserves to be heard, so stop acting high and mighty like you're contributing to the solutions because you give feedback, for all you know they could care less and not even read them, maybe they already plan on fixing it, hey who knows! no communication here, can't risk the bad PR if we say something wrong!

Squeeky wheel gets the grease though, one day you might learn that when you're sitting there waiting around for something and the guy who is complaining gets what he needed while you guys are twiddling your thumbs forgotten about, just being "patient".

Good luck with that strategy, I'm speaking my mind about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0