• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the hell is going on here? Please help

Littlenorwegians

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2011
punkbuster.png

What is this?

I get kicked from just about every server when I enter!

In addition to what has already been said, open your game settings and make sure that "enable punkbuster" is still checked. This kind of error message is usually because you have the wrong punkbuster version, your firewall is blocking it or Windows User Account Control (UAC) is blocking either the game or punkbuster to some degree. Consider starting the game in Administrator Mode to rule out UAC if all else fails.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's happened is the anti-cheat system which doesn't stop anybody from cheating because it's been bypassed for years now, has kicked you because your client isn't able to connect to the master thingie, so they can't speak to each other to decide whether you're hacking or not.

Upvote 0
I also got this a lot, so if anyone else has the problem - make sure your PnkbusterA+B services are set to Automatic startup.

Start -> Run -> Services.msc

It sucks they can't be set to "Manual" though, even if they then should start when RO initializes them and you won't have to run two otherwise useless services when doing other stuff... :(

Upvote 0
First of all, punkbuster is a big pile of steaming elephant **** that ****s you in the *** all day long..

I have had enormous problems with this program. But I got it to work for a moment now (not sure how long, couse all of the sudden it freaks out again). First I removed the program via the control panel, then I downloaded this http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe and installed it in ro2 / pb and now it works for a while.. But it always bugges out for me after a few days/weeks so I have to do that process over and over again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0