• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dot of Doom M14

Thunder3000

May 27, 2011
How are Is one Supposed to Get this Particular Achievement the Highest Streak I've Acquired is around 19 and then a Clot jumped in the air and Wrecked my Shot.

I don't feel like Aiming For Crawler's, Stalker's and Gore fast's head's Considering I have a Fear of Missing them which I do Consistently when going for Streak's.

Bloats Are a Problem as Well Considering there Vomit Usually Finishes a Clot Clean off Before I have a chance to get to them.

I've Tried It On West London but soon as I had Killed the Majority of the Annoyance's that like to Wreck my Streak('s) most of what was left were Clot's, Unfortunately the Spawn Count hadn't Reached it's limit so I Build up a Streak on Clot's but then more Annoyance's Spawned and Ruined my Aim Yet Again.

I've Tried it with Zerk for the Damage Resilience, Speed, and Clot Resistance but the Above Situation Still Applied.

I used Max player's (8) so I have Enough Clot's to kill so that's not a Problem.

I've Also Heard it's Bugged In Some Way or Another, Is this Fixed Yet.

Can you Continue a Streak Through the end of a Wave, Heal or Switch Weapon's, I Assume It's a No Considering that would Disable the Laser Sight that from what I understood Always has to be on.

My first suggestion is to just keep playing. Don't actively aim for this achievement. I guarantee you that when your aim gets better, you will naturally obtain this achievement.

Just in case you do want to get it right this second, there's one hint I should give you. Body shots do not count against this achievement. Only misses and body shots that kill do. So if you have to, aim towards the lower side of things.

I'm not sure if changing your weapon will nullify your progress, but either way, just naturally increase your aiming ability through play if you still can't do it. The M14/LAR combination is one that is very powerful for sharpshooters that can aim well and fast, and is something most highly advanced players, I feel, should try to know how to use. Just get more experience and the achievements, whether it be map or otherwise, will follow.

Reactions: Thunder3000
Upvote 0
I did dot of doom on filthscross while we ware doing map on HoE, in the hole at respawn, wielded the doors vis a vis respawn enterence and 5 ppl ware concentraiting fire on ZEDs comming from respawn and i was standing behind the doors on the left from spawn and killing ZED's coming from behind, great spot, many ZEDs and u can aim even to crawlers (easier to aim while crouching) did it at the first try there (had problems with this achiev on many other maps). So my advice is try it on filths cross while covering ur team mates back, not many ZED's and if u not move too far there will not spawn in bigger numbers than 1-3 at once.

Upvote 0
Just in case you do want to get it right this second, there's one hint I should give you. Body shots do not count against this achievement. Only misses and body shots that kill do. So if you have to, aim towards the lower side of things.

This.

I tried this achievement a bunch of times and gave up everytime I missed or accidentally hit the body. Frustrating as hell! But once I realized that the streak only ends when you kill a zombie with something other than a headshot, I did it on the first try.

Upvote 0
i think a lot of ppl did this when the 1 specimen mutators still counted towards achievements and ranking up - i didn't and it was a nightmare.
Much easier with the mutators - tough on those who didnt get the achievement then.

edit - one approach might be to play with a commando helping you by clearing everything except clots + gorefasts, maybe on an open map like mountain pass.

I think your count carries from one wave to another - although i'm sure this achievement was bugged for a while.
i remember trying it so many times that myself and others asked this along with what the exact requirements were ie. what actions reset the count - however we received no official answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you seriously would like this then go to Beginner difficulty. A little cheating in some people's eyes (which I can understand) but they are slow enough to make sure you get that headshot as soon as possible.

p.s. I never knew that if you hit the body and not kill it, you can continue the chain :eek:
Beginner is not good option imo, couse u can 1 bodyshot some ZED's. Suicidal or HoE best for this imo.

Upvote 0
Beginner is not good option imo, couse u can 1 bodyshot some ZED's. Suicidal or HoE best for this imo.
OK that is the defect to it but for some people, slower is better so they can easily pick them off. Either way works as I personally don't have it yet either but it's just another way for people to try if they haven't exactly got to Suicidal or HoE yet.

Upvote 0