• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The story of the ugly barrel

(i don't know it this is a known bug or if it is just my PC or what :p )

Spoiler!

Once upon a time there was a ugly barrel, he lived on the map known as station in the middle of objective B on the territory game mode. He didn't know why he was ugly and not beautiful like the barrels on the rest of the map.

Spoiler!

The other barrels made fun of him for his Duke Nukem 3D style fire, his ugly dark patches, his missing light shaft effect and his weird purple glow.

Spoiler!

The ugly barrel was very upset and wanted to be beautiful like the other barrels so i am asking TWI why this poor barrel was left ugly when the other barrels look so beautiful. :D

P.s. I'am not mad.... just bored :p

Last edited:
Something else about barrels.... sometimes you can put other things in them instead of fire. like Oil, water...most liquids.

But i digress. What i wanted to say about barrels is why cant we hope on top of barrels? There is so many well postioned barrels on maps that allow you to put your hear over a wall and yet i cant jump on top of them to use them...that ****s me.

Upvote 0
Something else about barrels.... sometimes you can put other things in them instead of fire. like Oil, water...most liquids.

But i digress. What i wanted to say about barrels is why cant we hope on top of barrels? There is so many well postioned barrels on maps that allow you to put your hear over a wall and yet i cant jump on top of them to use them...that ****s me.

Is because their on fire! :p lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Optimist: That barrel will look great soon!

Pessimist: That barrel will always look like ****.

Realist: Yep. That's a barrel alright.

Idealist: One day everything will run on barrel power!

Capitalist: I can put that fire out and fill that barrel with oil and sell it across the world.

Communist: This barrel belongs to all of us and we shall share its warmth equally.

Conspiracist: The government is filling the barrel with fluoride for mind-control purposes!

Sexist: Hey baby, that fire ain't gonna put itself out.

Nihilist: That barrel does not exist and neither do we.

Opportunist: There's a funny T-shirt in here somewhere...

Last edited:
Reactions: Faust.br and Moyako
Upvote 0

Realist: Yep, it's a game alright...

I get what you're saying, but this rhetoric isn't really a healthy attitude for the devs/mods to show publicly. Concessions will always have to be made, but with the position you're promoting here you're also arguing that graphics don't matter as long as you see what the objects are supposed to resemble. Which we all know isn't true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0