• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

fausts

yeah my point is that there isnt any AT stuff for non AT troops lying around.
therefore if you see a tank you are dead (unless you are AT)

Also the fausts were fun as they kinda went where they wanted to go....

not being a historian i didnt know they werent in stalingrad - sorry.

Actually, you can find quite some AT grenades if you pay atention while playing, and even satchels. :)

I actually find it good that tanks are hard to wreck in this game, in most games nowadays tanks are made of plastic or something, they keep blowing up.

Upvote 0
Can grenades hurt tanks in any way? I can't help lobbing nades at the tracks whenever they are close by. But can I actually hurt it?
Also, would it be possible to lob the grenade into the tank if any of the hatches are open? That would be the sweetest tank kill :)

Yah, that would be pretty cool. I know that the Germans used grenade "Bundles" to use against tanks, but not individual ones...might get lucky an damage a track I fuss...but not likely. I like the idea of the K98 grenade launcher. Had fun with that in DoD. It did have AT type grenades too...:)

Upvote 0
Panzerfaust is a '43 weapon

"Several designations of this weapon were in use, amongst which Faustpatrone 1 or Panzerfaust 30 klein; however, it was common to refer to this weapon simply as the Faustpatrone. Of the earlier model, 20,000 were ordered and the first 500 Faustpatronen were delivered by the manufacturer, HASAG Hugo Schneider AG, Werk Schlieben, in August 1943."

Eeeenope

The faust patrone saw its first use at Kursk, not stalingrad.

Normally i would say Panzerbusche 39 as posted above, but German team is already OP, despite the claims they are not(no wonder 70% prefers german army)

Upvote 0
German AT-rifles weren't semi-automatic, so I guess balance is the reason for them using captured weapons in-game.

I say screw this. Since "balance" in this game in terms of small arms seems to be code for "weaken good Allied guns with stupid unlocks and give a bunch of fantasy unlocks to Germans to make them equal in areas where they should lack or overpowered in areas where they're already good", I say give Axis their real AT gun even if its inferior.

Reactions: theta123
Upvote 0
I say screw this. Since "balance" in this game in terms of small arms seems to be code for "weaken good Allied guns with stupid unlocks and give a bunch of fantasy unlocks to Germans to make them equal in areas where they should lack or overpowered in areas where they're already good", I say give Axis their real AT gun even if its inferior.

Well said but TWI would probaly buff the Panzerbusche to be OP anyways

Make a game where the germans are overpowerd=Nobody complains and he who does gets beaten to death by a horde with "Everything is fine" and " I saw the russians win a match yesterday therefor the game is balanced"

Make a game where the allies are overpowerd...Well none exist, the exact same opposite comes

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eeeenope

The faust patrone saw its first use at Kursk, not stalingrad.

Normally i would say Panzerbusche 39 as posted above, but German team is already OP, despite the claims they are not(no wonder 70% prefers german army)

I think that didn't came across as I intended.
I certainly didn't mean I would want it in HoS. I mentioned that it was produced in august '43 which would never have made it to Stalingrad (Paulus surrenders 2nd of Februari).
No idea about Kursk though. (July-August '43)

Upvote 0
Having the PTRD instead of the PTRS would be interesting. The PTRS is easy to shoot infantry with while the PTRD... isn't, so it would cut down on the people just using them as big rifles to shoot infantry.

German AT grenades were magnetic, and had a fuse, and were pretty useless if just thrown at something and couldn't be thrown far and had to be put on the right way to pierce the armour. Why they are the way they are now I honestly don't know. (I guess laziness though).

Also there has been stories where German soldiers would throw as few as 2 of their Steilgrenades (they're high explosive not fragmentation!) onto the armour over the T-34's engine and disable it with ease.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wantAmpulomets for Soviets !! , They used it Stalingrad area .

ampulomet2.jpg

Ampulomet2.jpg

amp_4ertej.jpg

ampulomet4.jpg

Upvote 0