• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To all servers

Wow, I really like Fallen Fighters aswell. People keep saying that the maps are too cramped up, well it's pretty much the map in which you can least complain about that, it offers a varied gameplay, from close quarters combat to sniper fights, and requires quite some teamwork to win.

I don't see what's wrong with it. :)

Upvote 0
I don't see what's wrong with it. :)

Here's what's wrong with it. Crawl on your belly for 5min to try and cap...get sniped. Sprint from cover to cover to try and cap...get sniped. Crouch run through plumes of smoke to try and cap...get sniped. Get sick of being sniped so try your hand at sniping...get sniped. If you do manage to reach an objective and start capping...get sniped by your team! The tanks might as well be trams with machine guns, they can't go anywhere except backward and forward.

Maybe if it wasn't pub it would be more fun because you would actually have a larger group of people trying to complete the objectives, I dunno I've only tried pub.

I won't argue about the size of the map or the fact that it is very beautiful and historically accurate/significant. It really does look very similar to the pictures that I have seen of the square in Stalingrad. I just find the gameplay extremely dull.

Upvote 0
Here's what's wrong with it. Crawl on your belly for 5min to try and cap...get sniped. Sprint from cover to cover to try and cap...get sniped. Crouch run through plumes of smoke to try and cap...get sniped. Get sick of being sniped so try your hand at sniping...get sniped. If you do manage to reach an objective and start capping...get sniped by your team! The tanks might as well be trams with machine guns, they can't go anywhere except backward and forward.

Maybe if it wasn't pub it would be more fun because you would actually have a larger group of people trying to complete the objectives, I dunno I've only tried pub.

I won't argue about the size of the map or the fact that it is very beautiful and historically accurate/significant. It really does look very similar to the pictures that I have seen of the square in Stalingrad. I just find the gameplay extremely dull.
So...are you are a run and gun sort of player that thinks Danzig...err...Apartments is the best map?

Upvote 0
So...are you are a run and gun sort of player that thinks Danzig...err...Apartments is the best map?

So... are you a sit in the corner of the map and pitch a tent with a rifle sort of player that thinks Fallen Fighters is the best map? Seriously? Did what he describe (doing the objectives) sound like a "run and gun" sort of player? If going for the objectives to promote the advancement of your team then by all means label me as such.

Reactions: Pinball Jones
Upvote 0
So... are you a sit in the corner of the map and pitch a tent with a rifle sort of player that thinks Fallen Fighters is the best map? Seriously? Did what he describe (doing the objectives) sound like a "run and gun" sort of player? If going for the objectives to promote the advancement of your team then by all means label me as such.
I usually find a nice spot in the middle of the map with my bolt and shoot people, or cover a firing lane with a MG. -shrugs-

Upvote 0
People are reading my mind again and stealing my thoughts?

This is what I have been thinking about Fallen Fighters from the start. All people do is sit there and shoot back and forth at each other from opposite corners of the map. You have a handful of players that try to flank around and get up close, only to try and increase their kill count. Then you have maybe 2 players in the map trying to do objectives, witch is pointless because the other side is so well dug in on their side with rifles you just get your head blown off trying, and don't have the cover to get any help, because your team is still on the other waiting to get a shot at somebody from the other team on the opposite end of the map. It plays out like a less dynamic version of call of duty team death match in COD2, accept the map spawns don't shift around.

Fallen fighters is good for one thing: Countdown!

Upvote 0

You realize the key to that map is correct usage of smoke grenades, artillery timing, humping the rear of a tank when it calls for it, running zig-zag, but most importantly contesting the sewers with squad leaders camping the area to allow for respawns in the area.

From the edge of the sewer exit you're able to cap central park without exposing yourself to the so-called 'sniper fire'. You can also try avoiding the objectives attempt to flank first; plenty of times you'll see Axis players end up behind Russian lines calling arty near their spawn exits and causing all sorts of trouble. Other times you'll have Axis players find themselves inside the technical school.

Really, the map is quite nice since there is room for every class unlike Apartments.

Upvote 0
I like Fallen Fighters. It helps me to practice long distance shoots. I like it when I have to move under fire from possible snipers, to trick them. I literally jumped into the tunnel and got wounded and my thought was: "I made it!", that only felt epic for me.

By the way, why people do want larger maps with greater shooting distances when they can't even stand Fallen Fighters?

Upvote 0
Fallen Fighters is a retarded map. Sure, It's a great map. Looks pretty. But the way it plays is retarded. Axis go right and follow the road around to the enemies spawn. Soviets go left and follow the road around to the enemies spawn.

It's some sort of mutual agreement crap going on there. This results in

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Upvote 0
I like Fallen Fighters. It helps me to practice long distance shoots. I like it when I have to move under fire from possible snipers, to trick them. I literally jumped into the tunnel and got wounded and my thought was: "I made it!", that only felt epic for me.

By the way, why people do want larger maps with greater shooting distances when they can't even stand Fallen Fighters?
Can you imagine the absolute whining that would take place if you had to advance across near open steppe land with a few balkas and bushes all there is for cover like occurred much of the time? I mean, being forced to use slight undulations in land and tall grass as your only cover? Fallen Fighters in comparison offers huge amounts of cover and stuff to crawl on your belly behind.

Upvote 0