• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Breakable animations anyone?

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Hey folks!

I'd like to address you with an annoying issue today. I personally believed that breakable animations where engine bound and the Ostfront engine simply couldn't handle them. Now RO2 is out and powered by the UE3, still no breakable animations. For me it's a ****ing pain in the *** that I get stuck in the reload/rebolt animation and have to watch myself getting bashed/stabbed. I don't know if others allow the enemy to kill them while they peacefully continue reloading/rebolting their weapon but I know for sure that I'd smash the brains out of the enemy instead. How is this possible that other games allow you to interrupt certain anims and HoS as a next-gen shooter doesn't? Is it that unreal to stop reloading in order to defend yourself in melee combat?

Your thoughts please!

Try pressing the reload button while a reload is being performed. I always forget about this (it is highly unintuitive), but it will cancel for certain the reloads where I am putting in one cartridge at a time in a rifle. Have not tried beyond that.

EDIT: MG's cancel their reload by not standing still. But that is not true for the other weapons.

Upvote 0
It's pretty annoying when you accidently cancel the reload animation just before it's supposed to end, so when you try fire you realize you have no bullets loaded. Annoying but I see why it's a hard problem to solve in a perfect way.

If you can cancel with sprinting, you should be able to cancel with the melee button too!

Upvote 0
It's to give the guy with a rifle a chance up close with the guy with the SMG. If I wait around a corner to hear the reload animation and then run around and stab him, it's a good tactic. If he can just say, "Well to hell with reloading. GUN BUTT GUN BUTT GUN BUTT." Then rifles have no chance up close. If I'm paitent enough to wait, I should be rewarded for it.

Upvote 0
Well it not help much ,because when you only press shift - it will zoom :D

So you must do a W+Lshift to break that animation ,but it is hard to do when you need quick react - mostly times you will get killed or get a nice zoom into your killer lol

The problem is not that it is not in the engine, because it is easily done by sprinting.
The problem is that other actions (left-mouse-button) should ALSO cancel the animation. So not just sprint.

Upvote 0