• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where are the good old tankers maps?

Anyone else remember jumping in a IS2 or a Panther and heading off across country?

Huge tank maps with lots of cover were always good fun. Good old Death Valley was 1 hell of a map!

I myself am quiet bored of RO2 now and think alot of others are too.

Just food for thought..... I know the games new and all but with the Tanking thats available now, all I can say is poor.

:IS2:

Reactions: V.Medvedev
A fellow threadhead.

I don't see much use for this twitter style rant though. Surely there are more tank maps working it's way through a content pipeline, Gumrak shows that they are determined to please tankovayas and panzer aces, and if Tripwire don't deliver more then the community surely will. All we can do is wait and see what Tripwire announces, or wait for community mappers to get working.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Tripwire making more tank maps, and if Gumrak is anything to go by, they'll be crap anyway, a reamake of Arad would have been better than that map.
The full SDK hasn't been released yet, their's no news on the two new tanks/vehicles that are supposed to be in the pipeline, so it could be 6 months+ before we see any community made maps of any type, and by that time the playerbase might be a whole lot less than it is now.:IS2:
We treadheads don't have a lot to look forward to in this game. I miss my :IS2: and the huge RO maps, its back to RO. for me i think.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Tripwire making more tank maps, and if Gumrak is anything to go by, they'll be crap anyway, a reamake of Arad would have been better than that map.

Well for the sake of historical accuracy there isn't much to choose from for tank battles in Stalingrad than up in the northern steppes, where there's not much but huge snowy fields.

I'm sure that there will be some decent custom maps for tankers though. Never was big on the tanking scene myself but I'd be curious to see what people come up with.

Upvote 0
Stalingrad related tank battles!

Stalingrad related tank battles!

Reise,

I not sure you’re up on your Stalingrad history but there are tons of tank/armor related battles! Here are a few of the top of my head:

1.) 14th Panzer Division defense of the Lake Tsartsa and Lake Barmantstak on the southern flank – (Last week in September, 1942) – Could be like the old Berezina map but 3x’s as wide.

2.) 16th Panzer Division drive to the Volga (August 23, 1942) - Would be similar to the old Berezina map without villages but has multiple defensive lines.

3.) KG Krumpen (Element of the 16th Panzer Division) reduction of the Orlovka Pocket. (last week of September and the first week of October, 1942) - Similar to the current RO2 Spartanovka map but a German armored assault.

4.) KG Mues (Battalion Mues / 16th Panzer Division) final armored assault against Rynok & Spartanovka . (Third week in November, 1942) - Similar to the current RO2 Spartanovka map but a German (mostly armored personal carriers) armored assault.

5.) 24th Panzer Division drive to Stalingrad from the south (Last week of August and first week of September, 1942) – Would be very similar to the old Berezina map

6.) 29th Motorized Infantry Division (Panzer Abteilung 129) push through the Stalingrad’s Kuporosnoye district.(Mid September, 1942) - the Defending 35th Guards Rifle Division has a platoon of KV-1’s (133 Tank Brigade) temporary attached during this time period.

7.) 14th Panzer Division / 29th Motorized Infantry Division (Panzer Abteilung 129) battle for Tinguta station and 74 Km siding – (Second and Third weeks in August, 1942)

8.) 11th Panzer Division Battle for State Farm 79 & Hill 161 - (December, 1942) battle on the outside ring of the Stalingrad pocket.

Russ

CA-STLNGRD-s11.jpg

www.fireonthevolga.com

Last edited:
Reactions: grothesj2
Upvote 0