• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How does 1 kill the t-34 with AT rifle?

I just can't seem to handle killing the t-34, no visual indication of damage done, and most of the time i die before i even have my sights on the tank...

I seem to be able to take out the panzerIV with EASE but if a t-34 rolls by i usually just leave the game since no matter where i hit that thing, it doesn't even get a dent in it!

Any1 maybe post some picks where to hit it? i just can't stay alive to figure it out with that hull mg

I just can't seem to handle killing the t-34, no visual indication of damage done, and most of the time i die before i even have my sights on the tank...

I seem to be able to take out the panzerIV with EASE but if a t-34 rolls by i usually just leave the game since no matter where i hit that thing, it doesn't even get a dent in it!

Any1 maybe post some picks where to hit it? i just can't stay alive to figure it out with that hull mg

Really i mean REALLY
You can take out a T34 @ 250 + m
just shoot the front of the turret
The best way to take out a PZ4 is throw your AT gun at it
there alot post about how you cant take out a PZ4 with the russian AT but how easy it is with the german AT

Upvote 0
Here's one one shot on a undamaged T-34 from 168m. I aimed at the side of the turret and it just went BOOM.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
To determine if you damaged a tank with an ATR, you'll normally see a flash of an explosion where you hit, while weak shots that are deflected or did nothing just turn into a gray cloud puff and you typically hear a "plink" noise.

As others have said, aim for the turret of the T34..... for some reason it seems to be the weakest spot to shoot at, as you almost always kill the commander, which then automatically blows up the tank & doesn't give them a chance to switch to a bot.

Upvote 0
AT rifle has serious issues. I won't even bother learning it until it's fixed because it should be significantly weaker than it is, and you'll just have to re-learn later.

These are my feelings. Everything I've read about German AT rifles is they were pretty much disregarded by the troops as heavy useless weapons, this is especially true of doing anything to a t-34 which would have absolutely nothing to fear from an AT rifle at any feasible angle.

The flanks of a PzIV however were vulnerable to short range shots from AT rifles, at least enough to wound crew members.

Upvote 0
Just played Red October Factory and all I can say is that tank (in my case t-34) becomes near useless if AT guy knows what to do.

The few times I met that guy:
driver, gun, hull mg'er; scuttle
engine, gun, driver; scuttle
side armor got damaged, then engine; was lucky to kill him 1st
plonk against armor, then boom, tank destroyed.
And few other times.

And I thought that I have to fear PzIVs, they look like puppies in front of PTRS.

Upvote 0