• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] The Sound Bug!

General Question, all of you who has this sound bug after a map change what sounddevice your are using ?
Onboard / SoundCard ? TOS ?
OS 32/64bit ?
SSD oder HDD ?
Which Driver your using Win7 driver or Realtek driver
While playing are you using TS or Skype or something else ?
How many Voices are set ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone will get it, sooner or later. It's not hardware specific. (our mix of cards in the office is proof of this, there is 1 dedicated xfi, most of the rest are a mix of onboard, and there are a few usb headsets).

We still haven't put out a perm. fix for it yet. We are working on it!

Could you be so nice and post the Chipset (Driver) whicht your are testing in your office so every one could compare.
I'm asking because as far as i know everyone with a X-Fi (no X-Fi Gamer) hadn't had this issue... but i know only 10 People with such a card in my circule of friends an the others got onboard and got this issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OS 32/64bit ?
SSD oder HDD ?
Which Driver your using Win7 driver or Realtek driver
While playing are you using TS or Skype or something else ?
How many Voices are set ?

• 64bit
  • SSD
  • uh .. in hardware manager it says "Realtek High Definition Audio" from Realtek Semiconductor Corp. But I also have Realtek HD Audio-Manager installed from Gigabyte Technologies (supposedly this came with the motherboard installation).
  • No TS or Skype or anything
  • you mean "max channels"? it's set to 32
For the record, here are my full specs:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-980X
  • RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX DIMM Kit 6GB PC3-12800U CL7-7-7-20
  • GFX: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
  • MOBO: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, X58
  • POWER: be quiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W ATX 2.3
  • HDD: 2x Intel X25-M G2 Postville 160GB, 2.5"
Used to be pretty top notch last year ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This bug only ever happens to me when i don't click through all the experience windows (the three windows that come up showing class, weapon and achievement/honour stuff. If the map changes before i can click 'continue', 'continue', 'exit' then most of the time i will have no sound next map. But it doesn't happen every time if i fail to click through...

Upvote 0