• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I can't see through smoke, but some people are just stupid enough to go prone in a smoke screen, and try to seek for enemies to hunt...result is..I can see the shape of him moving slowly out of the smoke screen.

And remember, smoke is not blocking people's view 100%...they might see you running into the smoke, and estimate where you are and then shoot..cause most likely you would run through the smoke rather than sitting in the smoke..

Upvote 0
Well you should be able to see through smoke to a slight degree depending on its thickness. I've found it to work pretty well in game. If people are nearing the end of the smoke I can see a silhouette sometimes which I should. Smoke also lasts an appropriate amount of time as well.

There are several things in this game that TWI got just right and smoke is one of them. Only thing I would like to see is no smoke traveling through walls but that's an engine limitation.

Perhaps there's some combination of graphics settings that is nullifying the effect of smoke. Regardless, it'll be fixed sooner or later in a patch. It's not a big deal.

Upvote 0
I was on a server yesterday and people there said it's a thing to do with changing their color settings? like 16-bit/32/etc...I haven't tried it myself, since I don't see why you'd want to see through smoke anyways...it's a form of hacking in a sense.

Listen to this idiot. He thinks "hacking" can take place within the developers vision for a multiplayer game.

If TWI wants lower-spec machines to have added bonus vision, then by all means ITS THEIR GAME AND WE CAN CHANGE IT WITH THE SDK.

Upvote 0