• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New NVIDIA Beta Driver Out

I'm about to fire it up to... They claim something like 38% performance improvement for BF3 but lets see if we get any of that in RO... Im running a Core i5 750 with 4gb DDR3 Ram and a GTX 275. I know the card is not the greatest as it is starting to age now but I should still be getting good FPS on Medium-High settings without Bloom and all that other good stuff.

Upvote 0
Never done anythinkg myself with changing drivers, so if theres a problem updating them is there a easy way to go back to what i had originally, Drivers etc scare me
Update your drivers NOW! I got my notebook in June 2011 and since then have received a 15% performance increase (in benchmarks) solely from updating drivers. Basically, a free OC. If you have a NVIDIA GPU, click HERE and follow this guide. I assume AMD cards are similar. It is easy to roll back if something goes wrong (have done it myself), but if installed properly, there should be no need to roll back.

Upvote 0
GTX 570 SC here - got 100 points 3dmark11 increase with these new drivers! P5996 - P6096. However I got that annoying screen flicker on logoff/shutdown/restart. The screen flicks black very briefly (split second - like resolution changes) and then continues with the fade to black on the logoff screen. Anyone else get this? Didn't happen on 280.26.

Cheers.

EDIT: Also, in regards to installing drivers - nvidia (on the official site) recommend just installing new drivers over the last ones for the rollback to work as intended (if you need/want to rollback that is). No uninstalling and using driver sweeper etc. We aren't on XP anymore people :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GTX 570 SC here - got 100 points 3dmark11 increase with these new drivers! P5996 - P6096. However I got that annoying screen flicker on logoff/shutdown/restart. The screen flicks black very briefly (split second - like resolution changes) and then continues with the fade to black on the logoff screen. Anyone else get this? Didn't happen on 280.26.

Cheers.

EDIT: Also, in regards to installing drivers - nvidia (on the official site) recommend just installing new drivers over the last ones for the rollback to work as intended (if you need/want to rollback that is). No uninstalling and using driver sweeper etc. We aren't on XP anymore people :p

I have that too since the 275.xxx drivers. Just a bug

Upvote 0