• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop being a tourist.

Why? So I can call someone by a rank they gave themselves, and have someone yell at me because I had a life and didn't show up to a practice?

No, really. Why should we join a clan or unit? You really have to do a better job at selling it if you want everyone to follow.

*Edit: For anyone who didn't pick up on it, I was poking fun at the lackluster recruiting speech, not suggesting all clans are worthless.

Personally I'm a community gamer, not a clan gamer. I'll join up on a community if I spend enough time there and enjoy the people who are commonly found playing there. However I have never had any desire to run out and join a 'clan'. I'll join you if you give me a good reason to, and if I'm constantly playing with the group anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why? So I can call someone by a rank they gave themselves, and have someone yell at me because I had a life and didn't show up to a practice?

No, really. Why should we join a clan or unit? You really have to do a better job at selling it if you want everyone to follow.

Whats that Private??? Your mum is in the hospital?? THAT'S NO EXCUSE TO MISS TRAINING!!!!!!!

But in all serious your view on units is quite wrong. Well I don't know what units you have been in but my unit isn't like that at all. Here Real Life always comes first, after all it's just a ****ing game.

Upvote 0

Why do you assume every clan follows one rigid parameter? A past bad experience, or simple prejudice? Clans, and their method of operation, follow a broad spectrum all the way from OCD-obsessive to anarchic.

Mine is laid back so far it probably needs a corset. Yes, it has a measure of structure but only to the point of making it reasonably functional. At 'the end of the day' it's about having fun. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Actually the type of clans vary alot.

Typically clans make a choice whether they want to do strictly roleplaying or divert from that entirely. In Red Orchestra it is very common to have a lot of roleplaying clans, but those are by far not the only ones.

Joining a clan is just a great chance to get to know the people you are playing with. Together you can then agree on teamwork without any anti social shouting going on.

Reactions: 5thSSDW.KGW~CO
Upvote 0
Actually, clans are usually pretty fun. I haven't had a clan in years now (since my good old MOHAA Spearhead days) but back then we had a pretty relaxed structure, almost everyone had jobs and family (not my case though, I was like 12 years old, just had some nice skills and didn't really rank up :p but I stayed with them for about a year and a half) and it was extremely fun to play in ladders, we even got to win a European ladder.

Clans don't have to be a work, they are suposed to be a group of people who have fun playing the game and working as a team.

Upvote 0
I agree with many others who have posted. There's a great variety of clans out there. Some that have very hard and fast rules, others that are more a relaxed group of friends. Our clan leans towards the latter. We do have a ranking system, but it's simply to show time spent in the clan. Otherwise, all have equal say in what we do. It's not for some and we've had personality clashes, but we do our best to smooth things over. Doesn't always work, but we try! :)

Upvote 0
Im an old-school gamer and I still find it weird that I would have to actually 'talk' to someone whilst playing.

I tried it once whilst playing Darkfall , it felt strange....

when clans try to recruit me in games they dont usually like the part when I tell them I dont use a Mic because I dont want to have to talk to anyone, but I can type really fast..:D

Upvote 0
The only thing my "clan" members do is wear a retarded tag that we cannot remember how we came up with that basically says "yo, we're friends." We never really organise anything, ever. We used to when there was more of us, but then a load of people moved on elsewhere for actual serious clans.

Upvote 0