• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why in the stats there is no deaths?

And, the more deaths someone gets on your team would indicate that they are a liability/don't know how to play/not a team player.

I swear I've seen teammates on Soviet Apartments die 30-40 times like lemmings with no kills and no team points.

Which was when I said: "we should have deaths on scoreboard"
To which was replied: "lol this isn't cod noob"

I'm guessing it was either the 'feeder' or the 'feedee' who said that.

So has anyone actually seen stat padding or feeding yet?

I have a crappy K-D ratio currently. However that is mostly from being one of the handful of players who attempt to make it into a cap zone, die trying, or get shot in the back by teammates who are too stupid to move up.

Seriously. This morning I sat through respawn 10 times in a row, having not actually gotten to be shot at by the opposing team,...

Upvote 0
I would like to see it removed, already the STEAM screen shot kiddies are at it

Ooooo Ooooo look at my ratio ooo ooooo.

Give more stats for defending and capping objectives i say !!!!!

Time spent capping, time spent defending etc etc etc.

And sittting back 100m with a sniper rifle pretending to cover the objective is not helping, after you miss they go to ground, pop smoke, take the objective, crawl out, make tea, have a kit-kat then flank and smash you in the skull with a pair of binos.

REMOVE K/D and kills.

Upvote 0
I am sure experienced Ro1 players will agree with me when I disagree with OP!

The reason is simple, in the first red orchestra we didn't have kills at all! The focus was on teamwork, people didn't care for the kills (apart from the satisfaction) and the game played much more towards the objectives. When kills were introduced on the board this changed overtime (perhaps due to the players, but I think it is the incentive of being the "best" by score), teamwork started to die and people went for the kills.

Even at the end of ostfront, the tactics didn't fully come back and a lot of the community was out there for the kills. It is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Ro2 with it's one or two players per team actually realising there ARE objectives but it was way worse than at first.

It didn't take much to figure out how many kills somebody had. Caps were worth 10 points, so just divvy the scores up by a factor of 10, and give or take a bit depending on how much they abused the +5 points for rearming Machinegunners.

And this is all based on what we got in the scoreboard.

Ostfront really didn't show you who the really good players were (who not only capped points but stayed alive and bled enemy tickets). So a lot of times people who would just zerg into capzones for that +10 score (which is just as bad as a kill +1) would appear to be as effective as somebody who did an efficient and effective mix of kills and caps.

K/D is always an important set of info for any game that has a mechanic that relies on players killing and dying. RO has that in the form of reinforcement tickets. Denying the usefulness of K/D is essentially ignoring that aspect of the game entirely.

Which is really too bad because a lot of times matches end due to reinforcements running dry. But hey at least some people got capzone credit right?

Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
It didn't take much to figure out how many kills somebody had. Caps were worth 10 points, so just divvy the scores up by a factor of 10, and give or take a bit depending on how much they abused the +5 points for rearming Machinegunners.

And this is all based on what we got in the scoreboard.

Ostfront really didn't show you who the really good players were (who not only capped points but stayed alive and bled enemy tickets). So a lot of times people who would just zerg into capzones for that +10 score (which is just as bad as a kill +1) would appear to be as effective as somebody who did an efficient and effective mix of kills and caps.

K/D is always an important set of info for any game that has a mechanic that relies on players killing and dying. RO has that in the form of reinforcement tickets. Denying the usefulness of K/D is essentially ignoring that aspect of the game entirely.

Which is really too bad because a lot of times matches end due to reinforcements running dry. But hey at least some people got capzone credit right?

Finally someone that makes sense. Everybody is against K/D ratio like its a contagiuos. Its an useful information. I still think people play this game to win not to get best K/D ratio.

Upvote 0
Reise said:
What is K/D for when you lose zone by zone, because just a few actually try to defend it? You need to combine both kills and defense/attack to be really effective and the game highlight that aspect (your kills and your overall teampoints). There is less reason to show people's deaths, because then they'll worry about them and we'll have World War 1 and K/D special care. In this game people will die a lot, because such is nature of this game. If you want snipe targets then you should pick up elite rifleman/marksman class.

If you kill people who are inside the zone then it's good. If you kill people while being inside the zone then it's good. It's not so good to kill people only for +1, because when the battle is over and it's undecided then what is really important is overall number of team points. You get more team points if you kill those in zone while yourself being in zone.

NICK ALTMAN said:
I still think people play this game to win not to get best K/D ratio.
Wrong. As Soviet commander I had to order people to stay and defend the zone and we won on Grain Elevator. I think that Soviets are losing more only because they either don't defend their zones and rush in to kill the enemy or stay back to snipe +1 kills while not defending zones. That and a few more things (game is still fresh, many people don't know what to do overall or as their chosen class and need guidance, many don't care for teamplay, etc.).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The very same people that thinks death are cod-like features still agree that you have this ''Hero Rank'', along with the the XP? It doesn't make sense.

Deaths should be shown on the board if anything, and the player should loose a certain amount of point when he or she dies. Then, maybe more players will think twice before going Run N gun.

Upvote 0
I actually like it. In any other game I'd say put it in....but in RO2, you eat A LOT of deaths. I think it's an important part of the psychology of the game that it's not showing them to you.

Some people may not like the delayed kill messages either (or kill messages at all...) but again I think there are many parts of the game that play on the player's psychology. Not showing deaths is one of them. It's much easier to keep throwing yourself at a point when you aren't remembering exactly how many times you've died trying to do it. Players that aren't obsessing over the D in their K/D are more willing to take risks for success.

So yeah. Leave it off. I get plenty frustrated by individual deaths, but RO2 is the first game where I've not had to be frustrated by the volume of deaths...because my adrenaline-drenched brain can't remember back more than 2 lives, unless I did something really kick ***.

Upvote 0
The very same people that thinks death are cod-like features still agree that you have this ''Hero Rank'', along with the the XP? It doesn't make sense.

Deaths should be shown on the board if anything, and the player should loose a certain amount of point when he or she dies. Then, maybe more players will think twice before going Run N gun.

I see that you are new here. When the "Hero Ranks" were announced, it caused a ****storm in here, with RO1 players shouting that that's completely unlike the original game, where everything would be balanced for a new player and a veteran, because there was no such thing as XP or profile advancement. (Think, a new player comes to the game, he has to use crappy lvl 1 stuff, but a veteran, who would own that guy even with the same equipment gets a load of bonuses for accuracy, sway, reload time, and also better weapons. How is that balanced?)

If deaths were shown and people would lose points when they died, then people would be like "Oh ****, I have to attack in this map! I'm not playing..." or "Oh damn, didn't get the marksman class this time, well, time to find another server!". Also, there's the Lockdown feature to give people the incentive not to camp, which is a good thing (Although there are still multiple people inside the russian side buildings just camping and wanting to get a good K/D). Like people have said, deaths and kills don't matter as much, that's why you have the overall score which gives points for helping your team. You get points for killing a guy, you get more points if you killed the guy when you/he were on a cap zone. It's a good system.

Upvote 0
Seriously people. The community and game aren't going to change overnight because suddenly the k/d ratio information is easily available.

We get it. CoD = bad. CoD did not invent the Kill/Death ratio. No one has the monopoly on the K/D ratio. The reason it's used in a lot of games is because it's ****ING USEFUL INFORMATION. :mad:

Granted, not as much in the incredibly convoluted rules of territories where both sides have reinforcements but they are relevant about 15% of the time. The "one death negates one kill" model of CoD and Battlefield is gone. But it's still important to know who wasted all your reinforcements in a map where you ran out. Or even more importantly, if it was you.

Stats help you improve your play. Arguing that they are "the cancer" is incredibly ignorant.

Reactions: Reise and aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
Kill/Death ratio is typically the death of teamwork in FPS's, so it's preferable to have that not be a stat.

Instead, a focus on the experience points you get from Team Score should be the primary stat you should care about.

It's hard enough to get people into capzones without them worrying about their damn K/D ratio, brah.
QFT. I often miss the old games- Before stat presistence, Unlock trees, etc. Back then weapons were (normally) balanced, and people played the Mode at hand, Now most games ever single mode is played as TDM by the majority of players.

Upvote 0
Every FPS has in game stats Kill/Deaths. Why there is none in RO2? It would really be nice if that was added.

It this game kills and deaths are useless you need to look the Team point that shows how good you are and are you caping the are or defend it go gain more team points.

I have seen many players with over 20 kills still they have much lowe team score then those who have over 10 kills.

So yeah we don't need the death on the in game scoreboard it just make game more unbalanced if other team have all 10 or less deaths and that just means they just camp like a noob.

Upvote 0