• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

i don t understand the tank !

Obnoxious

Aug 24, 2011
please help me, there s so much things i don t understand about how tanks
work :

1) What is the difference between HE and AP ammo ?

2) Why when i shoot another tank i need 10 shot (or more), i am sure i touch the other tank, and he needs 3 or 4 ?

3) Why when i am an anti tank soldier i can shoot 12 times on an ennemy tank and don t destroy it ? How many shots does it need ?

4) Is there some weak point on a tank ?

5) Is t normal than mg of WW2 used by bot in tank could kill me at 236 distance while i am just moving my head out of cover to take a look ?

6) Is there a way to repair your vehicle ?

7) What can you do when you are stuck because your motor is break and when you can t still move your primary weps because his broken too ?
(because an ennemy leave me in this position, so i had to suicide myself to get another tank)

Reactions: THunter
work :

AP is armor piercing and HE is high explosive

2) Why when i shoot another tank i need 10 shot (or more), i am sure i touch the other tank, and he needs 3 or 4 ?

It's all about where you hit the tanks

3) Why when i am an anti tank soldier i can shoot 12 times on an ennemy tank and don t destroy it ? How many shots does it need ?

It's all about where you hit the tanks

Yes

5) Is t normal than mg of WW2 used by bot in tank could kill me at 236 distance while i am just moving my head out of cover to take a look ?

Yes

Yes, go to a supply depot

7) What can you do when you are stuck because your motor is break and when you can t still move your primary weps because his broken too ?
(because an ennemy leave me in this position, so i had to suicide myself to get another tank)[

Scuttle the tank

/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
work :

1) What is the difference between HE and AP ammo ? HE is against infantry - ap anti tank

2) Why when i shoot another tank i need 10 shot (or more), i am sure i touch the other tank, and he needs 3 or 4 ? know the weak points

3) Why when i am an anti tank soldier i can shoot 12 times on an ennemy tank and don t destroy it ? How many shots does it need ? That depends where to shoot, normally side and back are weaker points.

4) Is there some weak point on a tank ? ofcourse, for this game nearby the frontview, the motor, the ammo bunker and where the hull is connected to the "body"

The ai is good.
6) Is there a way to repair your vehicle ? yes there are several points, look at the map.

(because an enemy leave me in this position, so i had to suicide myself to get another tank - that is the only manner, use the K key.

)

Succes !

Upvote 0
work :

(because an ennemy leave me in this position, so i had to suicide myself to get another tank)

1) High Explosive is used to kill infantry and soft targets. Armor Piercing is used against tanks and hard targets.

2) You're aiming at the wrong spot and you placed your tank wrong.
Aim for the weak spots in enemy armor and make sure you angle your tank so enemy fire bounces of.

3) Aim for the weak spots.

4) Check this out;[url]http://www.redorchestragame.com/index.php?categoryid=3&p13_sectionid=2[/URL]

5) Yes it is. Keep your head inside the tank when you're near the combat zone. When you stick your head out you're a perfect target.

6) Use repairs points on the map. Check the map and legend below it.

7) Scuttle the tank by pressing the K button.

Upvote 0
I would like the point out the reason the MG is so accurate, is because they have magnified optics for the coaxial MG, and for the hull MG for the Germans. Allied hull MG doesn't have magnified, optics, so I suggest holding down SHIFT when using it. But you'll still get a 200+ meter kill by spamming the target and penetrating the walls/bricks.

Upvote 0
Just for completeness.

Use 1 2 and 3 to move around the tank and middle mouse is your friend

1. Driver: roll middle mouse button up and it opens the driver hatch for wider view. Roll down and it zooms but with hatch closed.

2. Gunner: Roll up to look into the view finder. Roll up again to open the hatch and pop your head out. Roll down to go back down and down again to go back to view finder.

It sounds obvious but it took me a while to work it out!

Follow all the tips in this thread and you will be herr uber comrade tanker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just for completeness.

1. Driver: roll middle mouse button up and it opens the driver hatch for wider view. Roll down and it zooms but with hatch closed.

2. Gunner: Roll up to look into the view finder. Roll up again to open the hatch and pop your head out. Roll down to go back down and down again to go back to view finder.

For more complete completeness, you also have a periscope as T-34 commander. If you scroll out of the gun sight, to free-look in the "cockpit" you can right click directly in front of you to get to the periscope. It allows you to look around 360 without moving the turret. So it's faster than the turret gun sight, and makes it less obvious to the outside observer as to what you are looking at (AT gunners like to hide when they see the turret pointing at them). If you hit CTRL while in periscope, the turret will line up with your view, and you can use it just like the gunsight (with a larger offset, as you are higher).

When using the hull MG in the T-34, hold down SHIFT to zoom in. It's sort of pointless to not be zoomed in.

Also, you can communicate with players in your tank with either the Squad Chat or Squad Voice Chat, which is I and P respectively.

Upvote 0
Just for completeness.

Now people are going to kill me more often...I used all of those features to my advantage. It took me a few tries to figure all that out...he just saved everyone hours of experimenting !!

Upvote 0