• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Complaints

Depends on the complaints IMO. One person throwing a hissy fit at TWI for their game crashing for some reason does get tiresome. On the other hand there are legit issues people have about gameplay mechanics, and in regards to these it is hard to trust TWI to fix it because TWI decided to do it this way despite telling people they would not.

Upvote 0
depends on the complaints imo. One person throwing a hissy fit at twi for their game crashing for some reason does get tiresome. On the other hand there are legit issues people have about gameplay mechanics, and in regards to these it is hard to trust twi to fix it because twi decided to do it this way despite telling people they would not.
qft

Upvote 0
The poorly typed out/poorly translated raeg posts are easy to ignore. Those are pretty standard.

What's galling to me is the reaction from actual community members, because TWI is obviously swamped by priority issues like performance, latency and bugs. Meanwhile people are screaming at them for balance, tweaks and generally tier two stuff you address when you're satisfied how the game is running.

Considering it's still release +10, a lot of people aren't being even remotely fair. The game may need work, but they're exhibiting zero patience and way too much hostility and "woe is us" behavior.

Time may have slowed to crawl, but seriously. Release +10. That's all the time that has passed. And some people are acting like they've been languishing for months with these issues unresolved.

And then there's the people that say they've been straight up lied to. And they just want the higher ups to come and say "Yes, yes you're right, we lied to you." They're interested in vindication at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because they're obviously not ready to respond on the issues people are pissed about. Maybe they're still formulating not only their response, but re-plotting game play and systems that they need to, before they go start telling people (and by extension the media) what they're going to do.

And seriously. Release +10. They're focused on getting the game working and I don't doubt even Ramm is sitting down to fix stuff.

But the attitude that you're owed an answer is absurd. Plenty of people have trust in TWI and the game based on what's been offered, not what's been said. Plenty of people AREN'T hinging their enjoyment of the game or even their continued support on a dev personally addressing their issue.

In short, they're getting good feedback from people who aren't demanding they a) rewire core elements of the game to please them b) an apology for the good work they have done and c) a recognition that they some how betrayed them.

If I were them, I wouldn't respond either. Not until the performance and handling of the game can't be criticized anymore, the people with a serious hair up their *** have moved on (instead of just talking about moving on) and they can actually address issues from a point of stability, instead of controlled chaos, which is what we have now.

Upvote 0
Seriously there has been some incredibly overblown whining on this forum. I'm not so much talking about people who get ACTUAL poor performance as if you are one of those people I can see why you might not entirely trust those of us - who I am pretty sure is most people - who can run the game just fine. I'm talking about people who have some pet issue that they don't like and because of this declare the game "released totally broken" or people who seem to think that its in the bill of rights that all citizens are guaranteed 60+ fps. Reminds me of a roomate I had back in college who was always raging because his uber custom built computer was only running quake arena at 150 fps instead of 165. He didn't even like the game, he just was obsessed with watching fraps display numbers.

I've been through some ACTUAL terrible launches and this dosen't even compare. It's a good thing the Cliffs of Dover crew didn't have to face this forum bunch or I think half of them would be dead by now.

Upvote 0
It's not about completely changing the entire game but to do something right that have been promised. A little assurement that they are going to readjust the realism mode would just calm down a lot of people. And wouldn't be in their interest if that way they would save a lot of players interested in game instead of losing them?

Upvote 0
The funny part is, all that's probably coming and more when they can finish implementing half of what they were aiming for. The longer they go without a response though, the more inclined I am to agree with you guys. You're getting your response.

I recall some of the times Ramm and others have made very long posts about the community's attitude prior to beta. About how they treat new comers and other things. So maybe this is a response to the attitude of terminally displeased.

They probably could easily make a post about what they see the future of realism mode better adapted for hardcore realistic game play. Until they start getting some actual respect from the people demanding a response though, instead of this pretty insulting fan lashing out, I don't really see why they should. Most are confident it's coming, eventually, and have the patience to wait for it.

Who knows what that thread would have looked like if it didn't basically read like a giant "**** you" to the devs, from the title on.

Upvote 0
The poorly typed out/poorly translated raeg posts are easy to ignore. Those are pretty standard.

What's galling to me is the reaction from actual community members, because TWI is obviously swamped by priority issues like performance, latency and bugs. Meanwhile people are screaming at them for balance, tweaks and generally tier two stuff you address when you're satisfied how the game is running.

Considering it's still release +10, a lot of people aren't being even remotely fair. The game may need work, but they're exhibiting zero patience and way too much hostility and "woe is us" behavior.

Time may have slowed to crawl, but seriously. Release +10. That's all the time that has passed. And some people are acting like they've been languishing for months with these issues unresolved.

And then there's the people that say they've been straight up lied to. And they just want the higher ups to come and say "Yes, yes you're right, we lied to you." They're interested in vindication at this point.
Very true, when I was playing the game, some complainer was actually thinking of suing TWI because of the Day 1 Weapon Issue. Hell, while he was complaining about the game being bugged he had the balls to actually compare the Red Orchestra community to the TF2 community. Some nerve he has.

Upvote 0