• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(Video) Red Orchestra 2 Maps Overview/Tactics/Paths/Files

WhyMittens

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
http://youtu.be/RnPy8oj6-Cw?hd=1

Video for all the map layouts, walk-throughs,tactics, top down images. Really wanted to get this done for the RO2 community

ITS DONE, so much work and it still didnt turn out exactly how I wanted it but meh, im happy with it. I hope this helps the people who asked for it and others :) The top down images of the maps (blank and marked) are available below, just follow the links. Feel free to use them for whatever. AND PLEASE subscribe if you enjoyed the vid. These take alot of time and any feedback or support really helps :)

Also I do realize I could have done 1 video a map and added alot more detail to the info, but what I 'wanted' to accomplish was way to complicated, and I feel it was just better for me and everyone else to do it this way. I also realize depending your play-style these tactics/camp spots may not work for you. Everyone can make use of the top down map shots though. Enjoy :)

Link to the Image Files (maps) used for this video:
http://www.MegaShare.com/3608446

http://www.fileserve.com/file/kpaGhm4/Top_down_maps.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VRSC1BC3

COMPUTER SPECS

*Windows 7 - 64 Bit
*Tower: Cooler Master 690
*Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3ghz OC'ed to 4.7ghz
*Ram: 8GB 1600mhz g.skill ripjaws
*Graphics Card: Ati 6850 x2 crossfire
*Mother Board: Asus P8P67
*Power Supply: Antec current gamer 620watt
*Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM

In the video I've noticed that you pretty much take the "safe" route so you can get a lot of kills. To my surprise the focus isn't on the objectives, which means that these tactics do not always contribute to the team as much as they should.
This is especially visible on the fallen fighters map, where you pretty much do everything besides getting your *** into the cap zone.

In my experience, on spartanovka, the going into the flank as Axis can be absolutely disasterous, plenty of MG setup spots for Allies to use, and they will be there sooner than you are.

All in all a great video, but not one that would work for me.

Upvote 0
In the video I've noticed that you pretty much take the "safe" route so you can get a lot of kills. To my surprise the focus isn't on the objectives, which means that these tactics do not always contribute to the team as much as they should.
This is especially visible on the fallen fighters map, where you pretty much do everything besides getting your *** into the cap zone.

In my experience, on spartanovka, the going into the flank as Axis can be absolutely disasterous, plenty of MG setup spots for Allies to use, and they will be there sooner than you are.

All in all a great video, but not one that would work for me.

Yes atm most people are flooding the cap areas like fish in a barrel. So most of my tactics of late have been to support the main group from the side with crossfire. Its deff not the most team orientated tactic but until a lot of the less skill players get better it feels better then running in a huge group a smg or nade would destroy. This is my solo play more, I WOULD NOT play like this in a scrim

Upvote 0
Thank you for posting and sharing this. Nice info that some people should watch over and over again.

Prob to look at the top down maps, I dont feel I myself was too informative on the tactics side of things. Just kinda said what most people all ready know. My original concept was to do the same top down look but to zoom into first person and actually run the routes. I had all the footage too but it just added up to WAY TO MUCH, so I had to ditch the original concept after like 3 days of working on it. Sooo happy I got this video out but really upset at the same time its not what I really wanted to do

Upvote 0
Yes atm most people are flooding the cap areas like fish in a barrel. So most of my tactics of late have been to support the main group from the side with crossfire. Its deff not the most team orientated tactic but until a lot of the less skill players get better it feels better then running in a huge group a smg or nade would destroy. This is my solo play more, I WOULD NOT play like this in a scrim

Not really, they flood the easiest ones like A in Spartanovka, but when you get to B in Grain Elevator that doesn't happen (both examples if you play axis).
And the problem are people like you who give too much "support" from outside the cap zone.
People like to kill and people don't like to be killed. It's as simple as that. When you go for cap you don't get too much kills, but you die alot - it's frustrating i know, but this is what your supposed to do in Territory: go for the cap !
Too much TDM ("Firefight") players in Territory right now.
That thing about "giving support" ... please ... get to cap zone, that's the real support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Overtype
Upvote 0
Not really, they flood the easiest ones like A in Spartanovka, but when you get to B in Grain Elevator that doesn't happen (both examples if you play axis).
And the problem are people like you who give too much "support" from outside the cap zone.
People like to kill and people don't like to be killed. It's as simple as that. When you go for cap you don't get too much kills, but you die alot - it's frustrating i know, but this is what your supposed to do in Territory: go for the cap !
Too much TDM ("Firefight") players in Territory right now.
That thing about "giving support" ... please ... get to cap zone, that's the real support.

QFT. Video kind of lifted my hand & applied it against my face.

Firefight was created for players like you... Use it instead of lowering the already low PUB TE standard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found myself agreeing with the video about where the hotspots are, what routes to take etc. but I was surprised that the focus was on getting kills rather than taking the objectives.

Still, always useful to hear another player's take on map tactics.

I did't want to bash you. I hope you take it as constructive criticism ;)

Maybe you do a series on how to get to cap zones and take/hold them. Not exciting as how to "move" through a map or where to camp but damn usefull for Territory games :)

This is mostly for pub play with a team not supporting each other correctly. I did say early-er that this was not intended for scrims or pubs with a competent team. I do LOVE the how to take cap spot video idea, I think I will storyboard up some ideas and see where it goes from there, perhaps a project too tide me over till bf3 beta in 2 days. Thx ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, love the vids, but at the people complaining that this are spots for kills, Having the fragtastic people frag the enemies makes your cappy people's job a lot less hard to do! Since the frag guys each draw away about 2-3 people a person from the objective zone!

Thats why a fragger(good 1) Ends up second-fourth in the lineup, with the cappers ahead of him!

Upvote 0
Well, love the vids, but at the people complaining that this are spots for kills, Having the fragtastic people frag the enemies makes your cappy people's job a lot less hard to do! Since the frag guys each draw away about 2-3 people a person from the objective zone!

Thats why a fragger(good 1) Ends up second-fourth in the lineup, with the cappers ahead of him!

Well said. When all I see is "killed player in objective zone" over and over you cant say its not 'helping'. deff not a realistic scrim tactic tho.

Last edited:
Upvote 0