• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Advertisement Messages

Been wondering this as well.

If it's not currently possible could this be added ASAP? It's hard to get those messages to stand out and when someone calls another player a c*nt for the 25th time I don't want them to claim they never saw the rules after we make sure they can't come back.

Yes there are server messages built into the game and webadmin.
TWB have them rotating on all our servers at the moment.

Add then one line at a time by going to webadmin then click general..
Add your lines in the Advertisement Messages box the set your Advertisement Interval time to around 100.

Finally just click save..

The messages will start after the next map rotation..
Try not have to many lines..keep it to around 12 or so max.

Hope this helps..;)

Upvote 0
I agree, we need some method to display a rotation of messages, typically:

Server rules
Clan Teamspeak, web site, facebook etc
Map cycle rotation
Next map spams

I would also agree that we need colour, as white does not do it. Admin messages need to stand out.

It may be possible to do something with PBBans, we have player announcements streaming through PBans, though again, we have no control over the colour. Hope to spend some more time looking at this over the weekend! Has anyone else looked at PBBans for admin type spams?

Upvote 0
I just call a punkbuster spam.cfg myself, you can do pretty much whatever you like in there re looping and color etc.

Kinsman,

thanks for the reply, could you share an example with us, I'm new to PB and have been busy learning RO2 and applying server updates, so have not spent much time on PB. Also do you edit the file or is the a place to configure it?

Upvote 0
Code:
// Universal Recommended BF2 Configs
//
// pbsvspam.cfg - PB tasks to send messages to server visitors
//   Pick and try out your own config with some of the examples below
//
// PunksBusted: www.punksbusted.com
// Respected Admins: www.respectedadmins.com
//
// PB server manual: http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/bf2-ad/index.htm#settings

// PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] [command]
//   Adds a task to PB's Task List; The Task will be executed X seconds after entry and
//   every Y seconds thereafter; use -1 for Y if a one-time task is desired

// Default config, run this every 300 seconds (5 minutes)
pb_sv_task 1 500 say Welcome to the GamingAU.net Server- www.gamingau.net
pb_sv_task 2 500 say Server streaming to PBBANS, cheats will be banned globally
//pb_sv_task 151 300 say TS3 Server available, join gs3.gamingau.net:9988
//pb_sv_task 152 300 say Jump in Teamspeak to Squad up and follow the Frontline!

// Sample A, run one message every 100 seconds, looping every 5 minutes:
// pb_sv_task 1 300 game.sayAll "Welcome to the [CLAN] server!  Enjoy your stay"
// pb_sv_task 100 300 game.sayAll "Check out our web site and forums at www.somewhere.com"
// pb_sv_task 210 300 game.sayAll "Universal PB Configs - v1.41e"
// pb_sv_task 211 300 game.sayAll "

Upvote 0
Kinsman

many thanks. Have tried this and most of it works, I can now get messages to spam with different timings, so grateful for your post!

So far no luck with the colours. The game.sayAll seems not to work in RO2, same for the colour codes.

Here is what I have done, on my test pc:

a) Create a file pbsvspam.cfg and save it into the binaries\win32\pb
b) Start a game server
b) From the web admin console in Management Console issue the command PB_SV_Load pbsvspam.cfg
c) Load the game and connect to the game server to see the messages

Messages spam as expected, though no colour and I'm not to sure how to configure the game or PB to load the spam cfg when the server starts!

Sample pbsvspam.cfg
Code:
// pbsvspam.cfg - PB tasks to send messages to server visitors
//   Pick and try out your own config with some of the examples below
//
// Delete and restart game instance if you need to remove these
// PB server manual: http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/bf2-ad/index.htm#settings
//
// PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] [command]
//   Adds a task to PB's Task List; The Task will be executed X seconds after entry and
//   every Y seconds thereafter; use -1 for Y if a one-time task is desired
//
// Attempt at rules
//
pb_sv_task 10 60 say [RULE] Offensive chat will get you kicked. No Warnings!
pb_sv_task 40 60 say [RULE] Please be respectful
pb_sv_task 70 60 say [RULE] Please go for the objectives
pb_sv_task 40 60 say [RULE] This is a realism server, please go for the objectives
pb_sv_task 50 60 say [RULE] Anyone teamkilling on purpose will be BANNED
pb_sv_task 60 60 say [RULE] Please apologise for Team Kills
pb_sv_task 70 60 say [RULE] Anyone teamkilling on purpose will get you BANNED
//
//
// Attempt at information
//
pb_sv_task 80 100 say [INFO] Join our TeamSpeak 3 at 31.132.2.122 password is brothers
pb_sv_task 90 100 say [INFO] This server is now streaming to PBBans
pb_sv_task 100 100 say [INFO] Check us out at www.brothersclan.co.uk
pb_sv_task 110 100 say [INFO] Press T (default) to find objectives
pb_sv_task 120 100 say [INFO] To find out where the objectives are press M (default) for full info and T (default) for quick heads up
pb_sv_task 130 100 say [INFO] Please press escape and add our server to your favorites
pb_sv_task 140 100 say [INFO] Hello to everyone and welcome to the Brothers ranked server.
pb_sv_task 150 100 say [INFO] Brothers are recruiting, go to our website for details www.brothersclan.co.uk
pb_sv_task 160 100 say [INFO] Brothers RO HOS server running in Realism mode
pb_sv_task 600 100 say [INFO] Need help with RO2? Visit us for technical/idiot guides at www.brothersclan.co.uk
//
//
Anyone know how to add this file pbsvspam.cfg with the PB_SV_Load from the game command line?

Upvote 0