• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Solution] [Multiplayer] Problems joining games

Or1ginal1ty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 18, 2011
Whenever i try and join a game in multiplayer i can only play about 1 in every 10 attempts to join a game, the other 9/10 resulting in either a freeze/crash, or i click on axis & allies team buttons but it does nothing. If i press escape at this point, theres either nobody playing suddenly, or theyre all frozen/running accross the battlefield or running in to a wall obliviously, which im guessing is a lag out.

help?

Last edited:
I have the same problem very irtating.Had the very same problem on :mad:(HOMEFRONT):mad: took weeks to fix but thay did in the end but by then i lost intrest would love to recoment it bo my clan but can't till fixed

Whenever i try and join a game in multiplayer i can only play about 1 in every 10 attempts to join a game, the other 9/10 resulting in either a freeze/crash, or i click on axis & allies team buttons but it does nothing. If i press escape at this point, theres either nobody playing suddenly, or theyre all frozen/running accross the battlefield or running in to a wall obliviously, which im guessing is a lag out.

help?

Upvote 0
I had the same problem not just on Red Orchestra 2 but on Killing Floor as well, the way I fixed it was to use the steam support guide, here it is :

Exit from Steam completely
Download these custom files: MasterServers.vdf & MasterServers2.vdf - If the files do not download when clicked, please right click this link and select "Save Target As..."
Place it in your \Steam\config\ folder (You will need to overwrite the current file already in place)
Default location: C:\Program Files\Steam\config\
Right click this updated file and select "Properties"
In the General tab, make sure the "Read-only" box is checked and click OK
Re-start Steam and test the issue

After doing this I never once had that problem ever again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well
had same problemas till the beta version...
but

now i've uninstaled avast antivirus and installed avira .
avira found 4 more virus avast didn't noticed at all..(i think could help)

i've read in a topic on steam forum avast can create problems with steam ..

then
i've removed the videos from loading maps in roengine.ini (as you can find in forums)

then
starting from steam browser for me was ok ...

moreover after this morning new patch (24/09/2011) i can join easily also from RO browser..

now (hopefully) it works fine...

Upvote 0