• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG 34 with 250 belt

Well my only issue really is that with SDK out and with people keen to kill the unlocks that we don't start seeing 250 round belt fed MG34s out and about. Not many people are big on the magazines for the MG34, but frankly I am not mad about the idea of a 250 round belt. Hope the length gets modded down before people ditch the drum mag.

Upvote 0
250 round belt is also a ridiculous belt length for a one man MG. Shouldn't it be near 100 or 150 max?

50 or 100 rounds, usually. When you're running around with it, if there isn't a box attachment to hold the belt you may run around with only 10 rounds in the gun. If the belts are disintegrating links, which is what the MG34 uses I think, you can simply remove a round in the middle of the belt, to make two belts, or join belts together to make one longer one.

The issue is how heavy the rounds are (250 rounds of 7.92mm may double the weight of the gun) and how awkward it is to have a long string of bullets hanging off your gun to get caught up on things.

If you've ever run around with a real MG, you'll know what I mean. I was once on a exercise where the whole thing had to shut down so we could go looking for a belt of ammo that had detached from the gun during a pretty hectic assault. We started running with 200 rounds of 5.56 in the gun, and arrived at the location were moving to with around 20. The box had come open and the belt fell out and broke off unnoticed and had to be recovered because the land was only closed off to the public during the exercise.

It's the little stuff like this that the realism crowd doesn't even know about that annoys me. Their version of realism is about as realistic as CoD's. I'm a realism fan which is why I know that no game can or will be totally realistic, but some are closer than others. RO2 is closer than RO1. It's that simple.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... I'm guessing you probably only get one belt to start with every spawn, since your max ammo capacity with 50-round drums is five drums.

at least you wouldn't have to reload

but my question is....where does the belt come from?

Does your player carry an ammo box with him? When you deploy do you also deploy your Ammo box? Or does the belt magically appear from your bottom left of the screen?

Upvote 0
at least you wouldn't have to reload

but my question is....where does the belt come from?

Does your player carry an ammo box with him? When you deploy do you also deploy your Ammo box? Or does the belt magically appear from your bottom left of the screen?

My guess is that the player will be seen with a belt wrapped on their shoulders, and the belt seen by the player with extend past the screen.

Upvote 0