• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The intelligence of the average team...

Alot of the maps
the way to win by cutting out the reinforcement's from getting to the cap
Most of the Russian Attack maps that is the problem. the Russians have to run across big open areas that the Germans can set up kill zones on
Most of the time it better to cut of the reinforcements from the Cap
Then cap
2 or 3 maps that the key to winning
that what arty does
that what MG,s are good for
Some of the Key areas on a map is not always the cap
they are areas where you can cut the enemy off at his knees before he can get to the cap
If you didn't know that , i wouldn't be throwing stones
Are calling People names
Campers do suck

Upvote 0
Yeah, the Apartments is the most frustrating playing on public server as the allies. It is so easy to capture east and west bridge but people just run around like headless chickens. Get behind the wall ffs lol. I suppose it is up to the experienced players to teach them. That's pub servers for you though!!!

The way Apartments is set up the Russians will lose mostly just because of reinforcements
If by the time the Russians cap both bridges they behind in reinforcements
the map is lost 80% to 90% of the time

Upvote 0
and there is a class C, and that's most of us from the early 2006. we don't care as long as you attack and don't camp hahaha. no spawncamping and no vodka before we kill em all.

seriously, this is a new game for a lot of ppl and you can't expect that all of them are like in the good old days from ro/dh. that needs some doing from us the veterans and devs to bring the game to a ro ost level. so don't complain here. teach the sillly COD buggers that are switching to RO how wonderfull this COMMUNITY is and the game we all love and some lost lovers over it, will improve over time... cmon it's not even 2 months old....

ah well... drunk again and my native language is bushman haaa ;P

Upvote 0
The way Apartments is set up the Russians will lose mostly just because of reinforcements
If by the time the Russians cap both bridges they behind in reinforcements
the map is lost 80% to 90% of the time

The key to this map is speed, same when it was Danzig, just hit them hard and fast, but you have to get those two objectives pretty quick. It's easy for allies to win if co-ordinated properly

Upvote 0
Some people, like myself, really don't care about the team or winning. The only object I've ever had in any game was to achieve the most kills, and get the best kill:death ratio.

I paid for the game just like everyone else, so I can do what I want. If that means sitting back from the team and not making any effort to capture objectives, that's what I'm going to do.

So, why are you playing team based games then?

Upvote 0
I'm gonna keep posting this pic until it haunts people's dreams:

600pxvlcsnap99097.jpg

If 80% of a team tried to fight in cap zone, instead of 20%, games would last a hell of a lot longer than they do now.

Unfortunately, the big bad SMG keeps half the team in back, covering their own asses instead of trying for the objective. When you're on Spartanovka as Russians, and you're defending the church, and you see half your team sniping from Housing Block 2, you literally want to start turning your gun on teammates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some people, like myself, really don't care about the team or winning. The only object I've ever had in any game was to achieve the most kills, and get the best kill:death ratio.

I paid for the game just like everyone else, so I can do what I want. If that means sitting back from the team and not making any effort to capture objectives, that's what I'm going to do.

An yet you fail to realize they created a game mode just for that called Fire Fight? That just makes you an idiot.

And yeah I echo others in the thread that's it annoying. So annoying I never play on the offense team anymore cause I just got tired of throwing a smoke an moving into the cap zone. Only to end up there by myself with everyone still hanging back camping an being useless. I just try to remind myself the game is still new an some people are slower than others an need more time to learn. But when you know half of those camping dots might be dudes like the one above that don't even understand what game mode is what that makes me worry.

Reactions: Fiennes
Upvote 0
An yet you fail to realize they created a game mode just for that called Fire Fight? That just makes you an idiot.

And yeah I echo others in the thread that's it annoying. So annoying I never play on the offense team anymore cause I just got tired of throwing a smoke an moving into the cap zone. Only to end up there by myself with everyone still hanging back camping an being useless. I just try to remind myself the game is still new an some people are slower than others an need more time to learn. But when you know half of those camping dots might be dudes like the one above that don't even understand what game mode is what that makes me worry.

the point your missing is that they know what the game mode is they just dont care

Upvote 0
the point your missing is that they know what the game mode is they just dont care

In which case I might suggest disabling K/D ratio tracking entirely in territory. I never did feel it served much purpose in objective focused gametypes anyway. Sniper on defense gets lots of kills an doesn't die much? Yep something to be proud of lol.

Reactions: Pepto
Upvote 0
...is appauling.

I find myself and a select few running for objectives and generally trying to win. I check my map, 90% of the blue dots are located at our spawn, even those armed with PPShs'. Not to mention role distribution, I always find that the anti-tank gunner role is empty (meaning I usually have to change to a role im not very good at), which is annoying when tanks are dominating the map and all I can see in the VOIP is "We need an Anti-Tank Gunner!" yet nobody has the sense to change to the Anti-Tank Gunner role.

Overall I feel that players dont seem to be quite as clever as they really should be, is anyone else finding this to be a problem?

No, but I hear people complaining about it after just about every game. It seems some people would rather blame their teammates rather than themselves.

Upvote 0
...is appauling.

I find myself and a select few running for objectives and generally trying to win.

It's a bit less frustrating when you realise you're getting twice as much kills and points as the guys hanging back.

I check my map, 90% of the blue dots are located at our spawn, even those armed with PPShs'.

But that's realistic!! You're supposed to stop and think and camp and snipe and all that other stuff that is nothing at all like real combat. The RO1 vets keep telling us that, so it must be true. RO1 was flawless.

Overall I feel that players dont seem to be quite as clever as they really should be, is anyone else finding this to be a problem?

Actually, I think the problem is the players think they are smarter than they are, at least tactically speaking. They think they are doing the right thing, but they are doing the wrong thing for the right reason. They WANT to be as realistic as possible, it's just that they only have a thumbnail picture of what a soldier does. Even a documentary is not realistic because it compresses time and distance to tell a story. Even when every word is true, it's out of context. So their understanding of their role is flawed, which makes everything they do in game flawed, even if it is successful at times.

Previous games have allowed them to be flawed and still dominant, RO2 doesn't. You have to be good at everything, or the people who are, will dominate you. It's like being a boxer against an MMA fighter. You have good tools, maybe even the best for the given task, but you only have a few. Mine might be less successful at a specific task, but they are more successful at ALL tasks. In close, far away, fast, slow, with warning and without, I have a tool for the job. That is why I beat most players. If they are beating me at a distance, I'll go close. If they are beating me in close, I'll keep my distance. I fight to take advantage of your weaknesses, rather than my strengths.

The players you are talking about have no idea they even have weaknesses. That is why they die so easily, and why they end up camping far from the battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tell me about it. Whenever I play I find that the vast majority of our SLs are useless and don't bother using smoke

I'm glad about that, actually. Those who do use it, use it wrong most of the time. I don't know how many times I've watched my own team throw smoke that did nothing but stop us from being able to see and kill the enemy.

These SL's seem to think smoke stops bullets. They throw it into an objective and then expect everyone to run into the smoke and hide, assuming that is how they will cap it. Of course, if you manage to survive the hail of bullets that will be fired into the smoke at random, you get into the objective and can't find the enemy to kill him. So you can't cap. Then the smoke clears and it's a game of chance as to whether or not someone was looking at you when it does.

Worse still is when they throw it short. There is no smoke in the objective, so you have to run blindly through the smoke and then appear on the other side as a perfect target to someone who is sitting in the objective, and who can see you before you see them.

For me it is especially annoying because I have moved to cover the assault with the gun... but can't see ANYONE, so I can't fire. If I do, there is as much chance I'll hit a friendly as an enemy.

I'd rather have no smoke and rely on my target identification and acquisition skills, along with my positioning and weapon handling skills, to kill the enemy rather than just try to hide from him in smoke.

Smoke is good when it used right, and terrible when it's used wrong. I see more of the latter than the former.

Upvote 0

The game should be about winning
The stats of the losing team should be half of the winning team
It would be a reason for the people that camp to get out of the spawn
You Lose, Simple YOUR stats get cut in half

Upvote 0