• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

140FPS to 60 why?

I was getting a consistant 30-45fps (fairly playable), with the setting Medium High ...now it randomly drops to 10-15 which is absurd!!!!! Never did this in the beta
(I ran crysis 2 which i know is heavily optimized with everything turned up and no problems)

e8400 dual 3.0ghz
4gigs of DDR2
8800GTS

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just don't understand why it drops out to 60fps and doesn't recover. I know in other games you look at something and you see 120fps, look to the left or right and it drops down some but when you go back to the first thing you looked at it goes back up to the 120fps. Other than that the game plays well enough for me.

Upvote 0
I'm running a i7 920 6gig ram 2x ati 5870 at 2560x1600.
I mess around with the video settings and start getting 140fps, run around a map for a minute and it drops to 50/60 why?

Probably because that rig is average by gaming standards.

A rig like that, running at that resolution, getting 140 fps is fishy unless you are running everything on the absolute lowest settings with no aa/post processing effects. You probably disabled something that is required to be on and the game did a random check and enabled it.

Upvote 0
Can never get my head around why people get upset becasue they only get 60fps? Can you honestly see the difference?

As the human eye sees around 25frames a sec why is it so important..
People seemed to be obssessed with FPS counters.
i t hink the difference is in the animations .. looks alot smoother on 100fps in most games and stuttery and jerky at 60 ..

Upvote 0
Can never get my head around why people get upset becasue they only get 60fps? Can you honestly see the difference?

Well, if you cant tell the difference between 25 FPS in a game and 120 FPS on a 120hz monitor, then more power to you, you can stick with a slow computer for years to come :)

Upvote 0

If you saw my post you would see not all of us are gifted with 100+ fps ...and when the fps drops by more then half it becomes completely unplayable 30-45+ down to the low teens!!

Upvote 0
I'm running a i7 920 6gig ram 2x ati 5870 at 2560x1600.
I mess around with the video settings and start getting 140fps, run around a map for a minute and it drops to 50/60 why?

I got about the same setup as you but an i7 930 at 3.8 ghz and my resolution is 1920x1200 still I have never seen higher fps than 66. Average around 40. Thats regardless if I run crossfire or not.

Upvote 0