• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please remove RO2 style quick scoping.

palco

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
I mean rifle men can pull the very accurate quick scoping, which is very unrealistic, quite easily in so many occasions.

1.rifle always land bullet at exact spot even without breath control.

2.breath control last forever ; unrealistic

For example, you suddenly pop up from cover and quick ADS and land headshot maybe too easily for 40m away target.

I agree rifle being accurate after careful adjustment and holding breath for a short time.

I agree that rifle can be very accurate even when you quick scope sometimes, maybe 2 or 3 times out of 7.

With games like america's army 3 and RO1, if you pull these kind of quick scoping, it's really hard to be accurate, but RO2 does it.

limited breath control
sway penalty to standing, unsupported firing position

Lose in one thread ==> Retreat to another to try and whine loud enough they'll change it.

[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66124&page=9"][url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66124&page=9[/URL][/URL]

Get back in here and debate me like a man.

God, you don't want to pull this juvenile argument, do you?

I made new thread cos all the topics there got mixed with MG and rifle accuracy.

I made this to clarify the topic of rifle accuracy cleared from MG argument to talk specifically about rifle, omfg.

Upvote 0

I made new thread cos all the topics there got mixed with MG and rifle accuracy.

I made this to clarify the topic of rifle accuracy cleared from MG argument to talk specifically about rifle, omfg.

So this is just mature way to go about?

Gaizokubanou
What or who are you angry about or at?

Upvote 0

Well there it is. I just linked everyone to this discussion.

I just spent my whole night typing up text walls. No way you're getting away from me that easily.

Anyone interested in this topic should get in the thread above. I'm schooling the class.

Upvote 0
Both of you are good debators.
I have no doubt if you happen to participate in debate class, you two would prevail in some...sense.

Thank you for good debating on internet, good sirs.

Well, I do feel bad for tearing into you like this, and I do want to apologize.

I've been at this for several weeks now, and I vented onto you.

Wasn't right. Shouldn't have done it. I am sorry about it.

Cheers mate, nothing personal. You just got in my cross-hairs when I was in a particularly foul mood.

Upvote 0
I assume almost non existent weapon sway on all the firing positions, firing doesn't need hold the breath function for accurate firing (I can hit 50m target with ADS without holding shift while slowly moving, it's really no problem!)

I played crysis 2 pc mp, BFBC2 pc mp, sniper ghost warrior pc mp, cod mw2 pc mp but, this RO2 surely has may be the easiest firing sequence,

long range shooting in other games were more difficult than RO2.

I wasn't that good long range shooter in crysis 2 pc mp, BFBC2 pc mp, COD MW2 pc mp, but in RO2, I have relatively really amazing accuracy record, so I have really really almost no doubt about RO2's firing system being too easy.

At least the easiest among the games I played for over 700 hours total.

and I just taped +50h in RO2.

This is my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I assume almost non existent weapon sway on all the firing positions, firing doesn't need hold the breath function for accurate firing (I can hit 50m target with ADS without holding shift while slowly moving, it's really no problem!)

I played crysis 2 pc mp, BFBC2 pc mp, sniper ghost warrior pc mp, cod mw2 pc mp but, this RO2 surely has may be the easiest firing sequence,

I wasn't that good long range shooter in crysis 2 pc mp, BFBC2 pc mp, COD MW2 pc mp, but in RO2, I have relatively really amazing accuracy record, so I have really really almost no doubt about RO2's firing system being too easy.

Upvote 0

The problem is that in these other games, there are built in mechanics that make accurate shooting beyond 50m with anything other than a sniper rifle impossible. Shooting in real life is not that hard.

I mean honestly, the way the scope waves around in some of the CoD games is like controlling a drunk. I didn't wave around -that- much when I was first learning to shoot. I mean really.

Reactions: Holy.Death
Upvote 0
limited breath control
sway penalty to standing, unsupported firing position
Limited breath control-already in, just pay attention, the rifle only stays steady for about 3 secs and then starts to sway, which brings me to your second point. While I think the sway is too little particularly when standing, the weapon certainly sways if unsupported. There, done.

Upvote 0
Remember 100 Meters is a relatively short distance for a rifle. Less than 100 meters is easy.

The sway is effective when you try to engage at 250+ meters. While you can still get that quick shot off successfully at this range your less likely to be able to do it continuously.

This is realistic.

I think what we are seeing are people who have edited the zoom in compared to those who have not.

Upvote 0