• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Looks like I spoke too soon.

5thSSDW.KGW~CO

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2011
Or I hexed myself, saying how well the game was working for me.

I had my game sound go down the crapper, could barely hear anything at normal volume (all other stuff worked normally. music, TS etc). Then the server-browser started showing nothing. I verified the cache, that fixed the browser but not the sounds. Uninstalled the game, re-downloaded and installed it (after deleting both the old beta and RO2 folders in the Steam folder), still getting next to zero sound. I now have an unplayable game.

Hopefully the next patch will fix whatever's been broken. :(

This is a head-scratcher. I was on with one of my squad-mates last night and his sound was fine. I've reinstalled the game but still very muted sound. I've tested my speakers, all channels (5.1) are fine. DXDiag checks out fine. All sounds other than the game are normal.

Is there a file I can wipe somewhere that governs the sound (one that will re-write itself)?

Upvote 0
It's a bug in the sound settings. I went into an online game and got the settings-GUI up while spawned and set the sounds to default. I got sounds back, though not as loud as they should be with my speaker volume set as it is. As soon as I touched the SFX volume slider the sounds went back to barely audible. Hit default again, sounds came back.

I think it might be a good idea at this point for TWI to bring in somebody who knows what he's doing with the UDK. Amateuer night in dixieland ain't cutting it anymore, not when patches bust as much stuff as they don't even fully fix in other areas. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The sound problem in the game exists with TS turned off, so it's not that.

Sound settings in Windows are normal.

The problem is that the TS plugin, messes up the volume for certain applications within windows even if you have you have closed down TS.

Go to your taskbar, click the little arrow(windows 7), click the speaker icon. Click the "Mixer" button. Make sure everything has an equal volume.

Upvote 0