• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] First Click Doesn't Fire Weapon After Spawning

As the title says. Sometimes after I spawn the first time I click my mouse button to fire my weapon, nothing happens - second and each subsequent time it works fine.

Die.

Respawn. Click to fire weapon - nothing happens - click again, everything's fine. Die. Respawn.

Etc
I experience the same problem its damn annoying, gets me killed a lot staring at the enemy clicking. This tends to happen to me sometimes also when I use zoom and try and move at the same time.

Upvote 0
Hey, there are numerous threads on this. They say they can't reproduce it in house so it would be nice if someone found a way to reproduce it consistently. It's not only after the first respawn though. I get this extremely often trying to throw grenades while running.

Btw, you can't fire before you've raised your weapon completely after sprinting which is something to keep in mind if you're using automatic weapons.

Upvote 0
Well it seems to be completely random unfortunately - obviously there's a cause, but it seems impossible to pinpoint - I can't identify anything that would cause it to happen and as of right now it seems like complete chance - sometimes it won't happen at all during a round and other times it will happen all the time.

I just quit playing right now because I died 5 times in a row thanks to this goddamn bug. So annoying to come around a corner, clearly have the advantage over an enemy, only to have nothing happen when you click - before you can figure it out, you're dead.

Reactions: Redemption
Upvote 0
Well it seems to be completely random unfortunately - obviously there's a cause, but it seems impossible to pinpoint - I can't identify anything that would cause it to happen and as of right now it seems like complete chance - sometimes it won't happen at all during a round and other times it will happen all the time.

Precisely

Upvote 0
Here's reproduction steps:
Join any map/mode with infantry units
Pick any weapon/infantry class (confirmed with bolt-action (kar-98) and semi automatic weapons (ppsh and mp-40)
After you spawn sprint for a while
Stop and immediately raise your sights with right mouse button and pull the trigger

Expected results:
After stopping from sprint and raising his sights player should be able to fire his weapon instantly

Actual results:
Player is unable to fire his weapon after transition from sprint to full stop/normal movement speed. His weapon won't fire after the first pull of the trigger. He has to pull the trigger again for it to fire.

Note:
Entire reproduction needs to be performed swiftly, as bug often occurs while transitioning from sprint to cqb. It also seems as the game is trying to mimic the action of putting your finger on the trigger, as the sprint animation actually shows player holding his weapon in a different way compared to regular shooting. If the action of positioning your finger on the trigger is not done by design this is actual bug that needs to be fixed and is described here.

System specs:
Intel E5200
Radeon 4850 1GB
2GB RAM
Realtek HD Audio Onboard Sound
Windows 7 32Bit Professional

Upvote 0