• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Questions about a COOP mod

gentrinity

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
I would like to make a mod that is COOP based. My main question is related to AI/Player ratio. Can I have a maximum of 64 total AI enemies and players or does AI enemies relieve the strain on the performance to the point where I can stretch the amount of either AI or players in the server?

Basically, I would ideally like to have around 50 players vs 50 AI bots, but naturally, I understand the performance issues. Can anyone answer this?

Also, I plan on having a fairly large map, so would some sort of culling occur where I can then push the amount of enemies even further, and just spread them out enough so that some players in some zones wont even know they exist?

i dont think this will be easy to do if not impossible cause a "bot" still needs a player slot so you would have to mod realy hart to get that working (i think) and on large maps: sure i think they will work just fine if optimised

To my knowledge, there is no actual player limit. It's not like you can't go higher than 64, it's just the most it can go before adverse performance starts to happen. The question is, do bots impact performance less, and does their spacing across a large map also help? If this is the case, I may be able to push the total count to maybe 80, with 50 or so players and the rest being bots. I just want to know how far it can be reasonably pushed.

Still, 32 Players vs 32 bots will still be fun, just thought it might have been cooler with more.

Upvote 0