• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big (random) Improvement?

Bosniac

Sep 15, 2011
Snellville, GA
I played last hour on afterhours server with 60 players with pretty much all ultra setting, minus shadows and lighting on high, and AA on high. I went from stuttering and a mixture of 25-60+ fp/s to 60 fp/s constant on a single GPU. Not even crossfire. Not sure if todays update did it or not. But I know some reported big drops, I sure did not. Funny thing is, that I ran worse as soon as I downloaded the update. Later I was prompted to update my Steam client, and voila... buttersmooth.

Anyone else? I also noticed some kind of difference in the visual style/setting after update, can't figure out what.

Last edited:
I'm running the game pretty much on ultra as well except for shadows on high, it was running buttersmooth but with the new patch I'm hearing more sound stuff all of a sudden and I'm seeing the distortion from explosions and stuff that I don't think I was seeing before... so running buttersmooth with even more improved sound/graphics :D ftw.

Upvote 0
I get about 27-45 fps on 2 gtx 460s superclocked, a 955 @ 3.6ghz, 4gigs of ram
Most optimized game ever :rolleyes:

Disable SLI derrrrp.

They told everyone that SLI and CROSSFIRE isn't working yet and you'll get better performance with it turned off.. And its true because I get upwards to 100fps with my crossfire turned off. With it on I can barely get 30 fps.

Upvote 0
Crossfire

Crossfire

Yes, I have noticed it seems to be running smoother for me. Running it on high with most things turned off. I am running AMD 6850s in crossfire and have a 6 core AMD Cpu. 6 gig memory.

Is there a way I can disable crossfire for just this game? I dont want to keep going in and out of the catalyst menus?

Stallen

Upvote 0
Yes, I have noticed it seems to be running smoother for me. Running it on high with most things turned off. I am running AMD 6850s in crossfire and have a 6 core AMD Cpu. 6 gig memory.

Is there a way I can disable crossfire for just this game? I dont want to keep going in and out of the catalyst menus?

Stallen
Have you tried setting up a game profile in CCC and assigning it a hotkey?

Upvote 0