• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] 1 week and can't launch game ...

Ginette

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011
Since the release of RO2, i can't start the game !
I tried ALL solutions, i went on several forums, nothing works...

I think everybody can imagine my feelings now, because all my friends can play, but not me !! :D

When double click on RO2, German with Stg appears then nothing happens...

There were maybe .. 5-6 updates, but problem is still there so !!!!!!!

I cant even launch the game now, just gets stuck at the load up screen....

I haven't been able to play this for days now because of this problem.

This game is not fit for purpose, therefore i should be entitled to a refund if its not fixed soon, effectively me and 1000s others have paid for a faulty game.

Its now starting to become beyond a joke and a jarate take

If this was any other product, i could get a refund because it doesn't work

People can argue about this but the simple fact is....

The Game Does Not Work

wtf is going on............

Upvote 0
Well run down the list I posted, if you get to something you're not familiar with, do a Google search to get more poop on how to run it down; if you hit a dead end, post here, and I'll check back and try to help out.

How long has your current Windows install been installed, and how much 'stuff' (Games, applications, toys, etc.) have you installed? The system you have is fairly close to a reference design, so it should run the game fine (though you will need to tweak some settings once you get it running).

If you're dealing with a lot of unknowns and don't have a lot of critical stuff installed, the 'one-size-fits-all' fix that even Microsoft often resorts to is just reinstalling Windows as this will pretty much get anything working unless you have some sort of hardware fault, and usually a clean install will reveal that as well.

Good luck, let us know how ya make out!

:)

Upvote 0
Mine hangs at the spash screen with 100% CPU usage.
RO2game.exe is at 98%

E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 3.6
4 Gigs G Skill
GTX 275
Win XP Pro.

Everything is legal and authenticated.
XP and all drivers updated
Direct X Redistributable is newer than what is included with the game.

This system runs all new games with no problem, often for several hours at a session.

It would be nice if TW would work on a solution for this issue, especially since there are many threads and posts on this same exact problem!!

Upvote 0
I have the feeling that it isn`t the game but somebody`s
configuration or as the list above.

I have somebody helped in the time that i played ROost.
There was somebody on the forum with the same story.

I told him to check his system on spy/malware.
He found something and after that he could play his game.

I don`t read on this message what you have done til. so far.

My hobby is helping people out with pc troubles.
And almost all the time i find much mal/spyware and other
rubish. Most people had not a anti spy / malware program on
their pc.

I don`t want to attack, i want to help.

Upvote 0
What? Reinstall Windows? That should be the solution if NOTHING ELSE is helping. Try to update your drivers first.

And that thing with the little window saying "unreal engine 3" as title happened to me too. I caused it by clicking another window while starting RO. Close it via taskmanager and restart. For me this worked.

And try to make a clean reinstall of the game.
This means uninstall via steam "delete local content" or something like this,
delete EVERYTHING to do with RO2 on your computer (espacially the files in "my documents -> my games")
clean registry with regcleaner or a tool that does the same (DONT do this manually if youre not 100% sure what youre doing)
and reinstall the game on English.

Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem. The game was running fine 2 days ago, I could deal with minor bugs as I know they are working hard to fix them. But now after paying for the game, I can't even launch it. I have run through the list of possible errors, my computer was handling the game perfectly before. I have tried everything, and its quite annoying.

Upvote 0