• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay has turned into a campfest...

content deleted because it literally consumes an entire page of thread space.

Is there any way to kick vote someone out of a thread? Because if I have to keep paging down through all of this guy's manifesto's to his omnipotence, I don't want to suffer through this tread anymore? Or, maybe that's his goal? Drive everyone who disagrees with his point of view away, thereby killing the thread? Get a job, for pete's sake!

Upvote 0
200 meter range is not sniper range.

He's comparing them to CoD players because they are claiming to be wanting something different from CoD crowd. That quote doesn't strongly imply that CoD players are bad.

No it is more than 200 metres.

Take an assault gun, look with the ironsight you have zoom and press
now the key for breath then you are zooming more.

My opinion keeps no zooming better gameplay such as in RO1.

Upvote 0
Game play and fighting style is relative to the kit your soldier is issued. Riflemen and machine gunners are far more effective playing defensively and 'camping' open spaces, killing assault troops before they become a threat. Smgs and semi autos are far more effective in offensive roles, i.e. killing camping riflemen and machine gunners in buildings, with run and gun hip fire.

If you are getting frustrated by people digging in an obscure street next to your spawn picking you off as you try to flank the enemy, that just means they have less people on the objective actively defending.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to kick vote someone out of a thread? Because if I have to keep paging down through all of this guy's manifesto's to his omnipotence, I don't want to suffer through this tread anymore? Or, maybe that's his goal? Drive everyone who disagrees with his point of view away, thereby killing the thread? Get a job, for pete's sake!

I tried to discuss, my fault... :(

I promise I'll never try anymore...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You don't know what is realistic. I'm not joking. I can quote medal citation after medal citation to show you than lone wolf run and gun happens FOR REAL. Many heroes are seen for the last time by friendly eyes running off into the smoke, alone, murder in their eyes. It happens.
This is enough for me. It's just getting pathetic. But I have to agree on the heroes thingy, the game title is infact Heroes of Stalingrad.

Upvote 0

There is an ignore function in your User CP you know if that's your fancy.

Upvote 0
This is the most retarded thing you could say, do you even know how long was the front and how many offensives? Jesus I wonder why people go to school...

Also stop bringing into the argument realism like that, it doesn't help anybody it just show you're a ww2 nerd. Focus on gameplay instead, think about the average kills you get and how easy is that?

edit: I am comparing my experience in RO and now in RO2, in roost i had to use tactics and skill to flank in order to kill the enemy, here i can just kill them as they pop their head out of cover to spot targets. To me it's not that fun or challening.

I think you are still missing the 8,000 people dying per day part.

Every day. For 4 years. 8,000 people.

The average kill I get is easy because average players, including myself, gamble with their lives. We do reckless things in this game because behaving realistically can result in awkward stalemate. You give people real guns but if they act senseless and don't deploy tactics that are designed to keep them alive, do you say "hey let's nerf the guns because these guys are dying faster than expected"?

RO1 was a game where gun capabilities were completely unrealistic for the sake of creating quasi realistic result under unskilled hands. It's the players' fault that this game plays so unreal with people running around for easy kill because lot of us just don't have a clue on what to do with weapons that are realistically lethal.

You know a game that almost everyone agrees is far more realistic than RO? Arma series. In that game you can snipe people from 1,000, use LMG to take out dozens of people at 200 ~ 400m range easily, and basically if you become visible you died and the veterans of that game had to constantly remind the newbies that they just had to crawl or die.

Or better yet, go to a firing range yourself. Practice firing real gun and once you are proficient with it, see what range you can hit a static target with a rifle.

No it is more than 200 metres.

Take an assault gun, look with the ironsight you have zoom and press
now the key for breath then you are zooming more.

My opinion keeps no zooming better gameplay such as in RO1.

Wow just how many times does this have to be explained, or are you just trolling? When you press shift in this game, that is actually how big a real eye would see stuff. So why do we have to press shift to see that far? Because the monitors don't take up your entire vision.

And the game pretty much flat out tells you the range you killed someone from. Outside of Fallen Fighters, that range is well below 200m most of the time.

Upvote 0
KarmakazeNZ likes to wage war on your brain by flanking your eyes. I think he's written about it somewhere.

There was a time when KarmakazeNZ posts were easy reading length, but the debates here on the forums have been reduced to such absurdity that Karma is trying to be as clear as possible in his language to try and get his point across.

The sad fact of the matter is that these people here will never change their minds. I can only hope that Tripwire ignores them to the point where they -have- to learn how to play properly or they move on to something else. It doesn't matter how well anyone justifies or demonstrates that the new mechanics are more authentic than the previous ones, they aren't going to hear it. It's like arguing with religious fundamentalists. Their minds were made up before they even entered the discussion, and nothing you say or do is going to move them from their position.

I'm spending less time arguing on the forums now that I've actually managed to get RO2 working and have begun to grasp how to play, but I must admit I'm terrified that these chuckleheads will peer pressure TWI into fixing something that isn't broken so they don't have to learn a new set of skills. It's very frustrating to hear people spout inaccuracies like fact, and then demand they be put into the game so it suits their tastes better.

I just hope that the mods come out quickly so these folks can go squat on their 1-2 servers playing their unrealistically difficult RNG shooter and they can leave the rest of us to enjoy what we've been given.

Upvote 0
the OP has a very valid point!

I do like the game, i love it, it's a deep and inmersive war experience, but at the same time, everything the OP said is also true.

The fact is that RO2 is not RO1, has some similarities, but has nothing to do with it. Not having open maps is something that really avoids advanced tactics like the ones you needed in RO1 to win. In RO2 you know beforehand where the enemy is going to attack, and if you know the maps well (as everyone will know with some hours of gameplay) then it turns into a camper fest.

Upvote 0
Just a simple thought: In RO when I and an enemy meet in the open it was one of those fun moments where getting to cover and in a good firing position was a priority with maybe a couple of hipshots to suppress.
In RO2 I no longer worry about it, I just stand still click mouse button 2+shift and kill the poor guy, running away is pointless because you're gonna die as soon as the enemy goes in IS mode.
It's a game of reflexes not of tactics.

Upvote 0
Just a simple thought: In RO when I and an enemy meet in the open it was one of those fun moments where getting to cover and in a good firing position was a priority with maybe a couple of hipshots to suppress.
In RO2 I no longer worry about it, I just stand still click mouse button 2+shift and kill the poor guy, running away is pointless because you're gonna die as soon as the enemy goes in IS mode.
It's a game of reflexes not of tactics.

Stop and think for a second, mate. If you were running through a battlefield, and you rounded a corner and bumped into an enemy 10-20 meters away, would you really stop and look for cover? No, it'd be who could pull off a snap shot first. That would look ridiculous if the soldiers saw each other and then jumped behind a low wall or into a fox hole to try and steady their rifle for a 20m shot.

Upvote 0
Le sigh,

We have an assault class and a rifleman class each have a different role...,

Working as intended?

Yes its frustrating when you cant get ppl in the cap zone but hey thats pub play to an extent. If your willing to be a squad leader and rally your squad to do something better then do it.

Personally i do both, camp (defend, lol@ calling it camping) and attack depending on my role and opportunity, plus haveing as couple of other buddies on TS helps to coordinate. I have one buddy that loves to do pretty much nothing else but gets in there with the assault weapons, another that likes to cover with the mg while the others move in.

IMHO theres no such thing as camping in this game. If you cant suss out where a "camper " is that keeps on killing you and you cant figure out how to despatch them...., well im pained to say it but L2P/adapt or die :p

Upvote 0
OnCrack said:
it's just not fun that I can run for miles and have no penalty while shooting.
You do have. We can talk about level of it, though. Additionaly, when you're out of stamina you run slower and are much easier target to hit.

OnCrack said:
It's hilarious that I can sprint and zigzag while the enemy unloads a gun on me and stab him with the bayonet and then bandage as if nothing happened.
His fault? For not being able to hit you? I agree, however, that you need to GAIN full speed first instead of running at full speed immediately once pressing shift key (or am I missing something?).

OnCrack said:
On most the maps is just that, a big campfest, behind the little walls on apartments, in the bush on the far left on spartanovka, etc. etc. no tactics no flanking, no suppression fire, it's just aim shoot and get a kill every single shot, first day I thought 'wow I am good at this', but then I realised it was just how the game works. Now every map has just become that.
I disagree. Tactics, flanking, suppression fire - it all IS important. I remember the Nazis (quick explanation for some: Germany at that time was the Third Reich and it was ruled by the Nazis, so I called them as such for simplification) flanked the left side of the church and killed defenders from there (heavy machine gun guy trying to watch that flank included). While trying to attack the Potopova park on the Apartments I keep the enemy suppressed with my DP-28, but couldn't to that forever without support from my side, so they got me in the end. Putting smokes, artillery or just common sense is important. If maps are becoming a big campfest then blame the people who make them such - the players.

OnCrack said:
Killing stuff is too easy that it's not even fun to me anymore, I remember RO where every kill felt like you really achieved something, now it's just counting how many you can kill before they hunt you down.
Your usual kill range, please? I engage in really long ranges when I play as marksman or elite riflemen. If you're good at shooting targets then you can do something similar with bolt action rifle, but you need to be really good in finding targets. I prefer smaller distances (below 200), but sometimes it's nice to switch and do something different.

KarmakazeNZ said:
You may simply get separated from your unit and have to fight your way back to them. It happens.
You can hold your ground and wait for reinforcements to arrive. One of many common mistakes I see when fighting for the capzones is that our guys - who, let's say, have a majority of men in the capzone for the moment - go around in search for the enemy rather than take the capzone for us first and THEN go out to kill the remainder of the enemy. As the effect we keep losing people, so we don't have a majority needed to capture/hold the capzone and then the enemy is reinforced/even more of our guys die, so we are losing the capzone.

That's how I see it. Maybe I am wrong.

KarmakazeNZ said:
There is another thread here where I have a 157m head shot with the DP-28. People act like that that can't be done. I do it and can prove it. What's the problem?
The people. I can place headshots (yes, headshots) up to 250 meters sometimes with the DP-28.

The Beast (nl) said:
This is al caused by the zoomed view, everybody has a sniper now on the small maps. When this is gone the problem is much less.
Maybe the problem lies in the Stalingrad itself if the maps are based on actual locations?

Upvote 0
For all those talking about the invincibility of the MKB hero:

Spoiler!

We met face to face at opposite ends of the hallway. As best I could tell, we saw each other at exactly the same moment. He died, I never even got hit. It's an OK weapon for everything, but not the best weapon for anything.

I met him and a few buddies later in the round. This was the result:

Spoiler!

Notice that the hero MkB died just like his semi-auto wielding mates, but it was the gunner that finally got me. I ran out of ammo because I had already used half by the time I met this squad.

This was all from the hip. Now tell me the rifle doesn't have enough sway. The truth is, no amount of sway will save you if you aren't that good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can hold your ground and wait for reinforcements to arrive. One of many common mistakes I see when fighting for the capzones is that our guys - who, let's say, have a majority of men in the capzone for the moment - go around in search for the enemy rather than take the capzone for us first and THEN go out to kill the remainder of the enemy. As the effect we keep losing people, so we don't have a majority needed to capture/hold the capzone and then the enemy is reinforced/even more of our guys die, so we are losing the capzone.

That's how I see it. Maybe I am wrong.

Well from what I have learned, the rear guard should be capping the zone, while the main force holds the approaches to the zone and the assault force pushes to the next objective. When that assault force gets to the next objective, under cover from the main force, it then holds the cap while the main force pushes through to the approaches to that zone. Then the rear guard in the previous zone is free to move forward and assault the zone after that.

The idea is to meet the next spawn wave head on in no man's land, rather than let them get to the cap zone and start camping it too. At any time the whole thing can reverse and steam roller back over previous objectives, if the enemy manages to flank round and get behind.

Of course this requires a whole team to work together, at least in so far as picking one of the two roles and doing it. One is the assault/rear guard role, the other the main force blocking role. The camp and sniper types should be in that force, because their job is to take out the threats to the moving assault force.

The assault force (regardless of weapon) should be using rapid movement to draw fire from the enemy campers, which then exposes them to counter fire from the friendly campers. The friendly campers neutralise or kill the enemy campers, allowing the run and gun assault troops to get in close and dig them out of cover.

The campers should be forming a line from one protected area to the other in front of the zone being capped. They are trying to form a wall of overlapping arcs of fire that no enemy should be able to get through, especially with the friendly assault troops flanking them at the same time.

Once you get going, the enemy should basically be spawning, running to the front line and then dying, while the cappers sit comfortably in peace, behind the front line. If you are really going hard, you'll trap the enemy in spawn and be accused of spawn camping. The game won't last long if you do.

Upvote 0