• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the MKB42

Historical fact that if a soldier died with an Mkb, his partner would snatch it up, sure. Having another one appear on the battlefield less than 10 seconds later? No. No no no. The entire Axis team is kitted out with the damn things after the first two waves.

And I don't know what game's you've been playing. The killboards in my games are -jammed- with the Mkb. The odd kill here and there, but it's not uncommon to see:

lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Ruskie Rifleman
lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Crazy Ivan
lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Boris the Bruiser
lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Zangief

Pop up all at once. All it takes is one guy who's a decent shot with the Mkb and a group of Ruskies trying to work as a team.

You've been trouncing the MKB defenders (in it's current quantity/form) throughout this whole discussion Josef. The majority seem to be just be character assassinators.

The MKB totally FUBARs the feel and enjoyment of the game for me. I don't want to feel like a cheapskate if I play on the Axis, but I do. I've not played the game much at all since the other day when the gun was patched in, and I'm having my first genuine case of nerd rage against TWI over it.

Upvote 0
The MKB totally FUBARs the feel and enjoyment of the game for me. I don't want to feel like a cheapskate if I play on the Axis, but I do. I've not played the game much at all since the other day when the gun was patched in, and I'm having my first genuine case of nerd rage against TWI over it.

Seconded. Tues & Weds I spent all evening playing and having a great time, now when I play I repeatedly see

lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Ruskie Rifleman
lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Crazy Ivan
lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Boris the Bruiser
lolnazi
10ftm6u.jpg
Zangief

I just don't get it. It goes against what we were told, it's historically a complete balls up and it makes most of the other German armoury redundant. Every time I hear or see one on the battlefield it just irritates me.

In smaller numbers, or if the people using it actually earned the right to use it then fine...but otherwise >.<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wondered why they even bothered modelling a MP40, as it has completely fallen out of the game. After the introduction of mkb42, I see 5+ mkbs for every MP40, and that is certainly not how it should be in a game set in 1942-43...

I hope it becomes possible for servers to remove/reduce certain weapons from the game. I'm just waiting for a server with at most 2 mkb/avt per side (on a 64 player server, at most 1 for anything below 40. 0 would also be fine (maybe better?)) and decent players to pop up somewhere in northern Europe. Anytime now...

Upvote 0
It may "rock," but it NEVER rocked Stalingrad in the real world. Now, it OWNS Stalingrad.

COD'ism 1, Realism 0

There was no americans in stalingrad either lets take them out and place some European servers instead, hard to find a decent TWI Server that you can level in as European

All i mean this is a game either you go full realism with jamming included or you live with whats at hand and demand ;)

Upvote 0
I wondered why they even bothered modelling a MP40, as it has completely fallen out of the game. After the introduction of mkb42, I see 5+ mkbs for every MP40, and that is certainly not how it should be in a game set in 1942-43...

I hope it becomes possible for servers to remove/reduce certain weapons from the game. I'm just waiting for a server with at most 2 mkb/avt per side (on a 64 player server, at most 1 for anything below 40. 0 would also be fine (maybe better?)) and decent players to pop up somewhere in northern Europe. Anytime now...
Plus the MKB has become a non-rare weapon now.
Is this really what TWI wants with the RO franchise?

Upvote 0
Look what thread I found lie around ignored by the devs... ;)
*bump*
In the other MKB thread Ramm reacted, but he AVOIDED the MKB issue. He was blabbing around about bandaging and other stuff, but nowhere addressing the main subject and issue of that thread.

TWI is disappointing me and other people who share my feelings and vice versa.

Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
There was no americans in stalingrad either lets take them out and place some European servers instead, hard to find a decent TWI Server that you can level in as European

All i mean this is a game either you go full realism with jamming included or you live with whats at hand and demand ;)

??? Did you just get back from a trip to Amsterdam without detoxing before posting?

Upvote 0
mkb is overrated :rolleyes: i honestly dont understand why so many people complain about it, even to the point of saying they dont feel like playing anymore cus of it, seriously ? i've been playing allies for days and it doesnt bother me one bit, i dont even pick it up when i see it laying on the ground, ppsh with drum ftw :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oops! Sorry, it was Sas ofc :eek:
Ramm has to respond sooner or later. I sincerely hope ;)

If he does, it'll likely be with another surely, "take a big breath, relax" condescending post telling you to be good little boys and girls while Daddy goes to work. I was a big TWI fan before this game. But with selling us one type of game and giving us another, intentionally selling us an unfinished game and then the complete lack respect or recognition to paying customers who didn't get what they paid for, I'm done with Tripwire and won't be giving them another cent of my hard-earned money -- EVER.

In less than 1 hour today, attempting to play on 3 Mkb-ridden servers, I lost the sound on the first requiring a restart, then CTD'd in the first game on each of two successive servers. This game is unstable and unplayable, let alone unbalanced and unrealistic.

I paid for this clusterflook of a game, so I'll be back to play it assuming it's ever finished sometime next year.

Upvote 0