• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does this game have a manual?

Yeah, I know, I'm dumb, let's get over that fact shall we?

So is there a manual for this game? Online, perhaps in PDF form? I bought from Steam so obviously no retail box with all the usual paperwork.

Specifically the win conditions for Territory are a bit of a mystery at the moment.

I get that you've got to control each progressing area until there's nothing left to capture/defend, and there's also a time limit and reinforcement points that can both factor into it as well, but then I've seen many matches won when neither the time limit was up, nor the reinforcement points depleted, nor all of the areas captured... so there must be another win condition that factors in as well. So how exactly does all that work?

There are some other small things that aren't very clear to me either, but I'm sure I'll figure those out as time goes on, it'd just be a lot easier - especially for a game as in depth and complex as this - if there were an instruction manual.

The only real mystery to me is the teamwork score. I have no idea how it's supposed to factor into who won the battle.

But I'm starting to think it goes something like this.

The game ends when one of these conditions is met:

#1 Lockdown is reached.
#2 One side's teamwork score exceeds the other's by some gross margin.
#3 There are no more players left on either side, and no more reinforcements to spawn them with.
#4 The time limit is reached.

I think it's also relative to which side controls more of the map...because I've noticed a lot of teams running out when the reenforcement counters are at zero to cap more territory. So on some maps, the team's relative share of objectives determines who wins...on others, not.

I think the system is weighting a lot of factors when it declares a winner, in the absence of one of the above conditions being met.

Reactions: GrimReality
Upvote 0
I guess you can't pick up a weapon on the battlefield
Eh? Stand over the weapon and press the Use key when you see the pick up message appear. It's buggy when weapons are piled on top of each other or are by walls. It works.

there don't seem to be any ammo dumps to rearm.
They're shown on your mini-map and your overheard map. They're the ammo symbols with the green pluses on them. The Legend on the overhead map tells you exactly what they are.

I have no idea how many clips I have left.
Hold down the tactical view. Your # of clips appears on the lower mid right of your screen next to your mini-map.

I'm not going to excuse the lack of a manual...but I will say....people are not TAKING THE TIME TO FIGURE ANYTHING OUT FOR THEMSELVES IN RO2, and they're not even TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK AT THE WHOLE SCREEN AND DIGEST ITS INFORMATION.

Do not expect the game to hand you everything. I spent an entire two matches in beta doing nothing but carefully reading my screen, studying the map and trying all the keys in my key config list. And I'm still finding functions I didn't know about. For example...go jump on a heavy machine gun, then hit the crouch key. Now you can blind fire an emplaced weapon. Was this said anywhere in the game, at all? Nope! But there is no replacement for experimentation.

Short of RTFM, it's the next logical step. Don't skip it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input guys.What is frustrating me is I can't even complete the axis basic training,I get to the fixed MG and can't operate it...I pushed every key there is,end up stuck there and then I have to start all over from the beginning.I thought if I had a manual I could find a way out of basic training.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know, I'm dumb, let's get over that fact shall we?

So is there a manual for this game? Online, perhaps in PDF form? I bought from Steam so obviously no retail box with all the usual paperwork.

Specifically the win conditions for Territory are a bit of a mystery at the moment.

I get that you've got to control each progressing area until there's nothing left to capture/defend, and there's also a time limit and reinforcement points that can both factor into it as well, but then I've seen many matches won when neither the time limit was up, nor the reinforcement points depleted, nor all of the areas captured... so there must be another win condition that factors in as well. So how exactly does all that work?

There are some other small things that aren't very clear to me either, but I'm sure I'll figure those out as time goes on, it'd just be a lot easier - especially for a game as in depth and complex as this - if there were an instruction manual.

AFAIK, TE is won through the following condtions. Cap all points as attacker, defend until lockdown, eliminate all reinforcements including respawns and players on field, hold more points on attack/attack at the time limit. I think that's it.

Upvote 0
i have mystery that needs solving too: the alt fire of satchel charges and the german AT charges...what does it do? anything? nothing? played arround a little with it, to no avail.
also the alt firemode of tripod mounted stationary mg34's...seems to slow the rof, but again, i don't really know. anyone?
i miss the days when games came with those thick manuals that explained everything in detail and most of the time had some ammount of story fluff in them too^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0