• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] 9/19 patch reduces FPS from 70 to 20-40

TAdams

Sep 14, 2011
Pacific NW USA
This patch with it's minor performance fixes, has actually killed performance. I get <20% GPU utilization during a game, 40% when a map is loading. The Beta actually had better performance. :(

I was getting 70 FPS avg on all maps, now I am seeing 20-40. Also, how bout removing Arty until you get the performance issue fixed, or at least decrease the length and time in between strikes? That would help a lot.

noted - one time with German assault weapon, I had no gun model in my hand with smoke very near me. It just disappeared, but I could still fire it :)

Screenshot or it didn't happen!
[url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540653520155623794/33DD56F35BA4372FDA08B51E2080141778C4D6B7/[/URL]

Gonna check out my performance when I finished work now the patch has come out.

Beta release - 60-80 fps on Ultra
End of Beta - Ultra unplayable - 40-60 on High with some drops below 20
Release - Struggling to play high - change to medium settings - Last time I played was last night and I quit due to FPS being between 0 and 30 FPS

I might have to change settings to low

Upvote 0
I also believe I had better performance during early beta.

Q9550 at 3.8GHZ, EVGA GTX480SC, 4GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit.

I know we can't have it all ways but I'm now suspicious that the game in general doesn't look as good as it did prior to the last couple of patches. I'm really not liking the way the trees and other textures pop in when going to iron sights or was it always like this? I could be imagining it but I'm running the same settings as I have since beta release (mostly Ultra but no blur) and some of the textures now just look blurred and washed out to me. :confused:

I'm wondering if this is the way TW are trying to find performance gains?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those with the beta, did you fully delete all the user files before running the Release version?

If you have not done so delete all RO2 files from My Documents\My Games...

Might be a config issue that is causing such massive changes in performance.
Delete the old and let the game build a new config file.

Iv done this, performance is still pisspoor for my rig

Upvote 0
Do you guys have your steam directory in the (x86) folder?
I have mine just in Program Files\...

My performance has basically been the same, very playable. Pretty easy to move the entire Steam directory, no need to reinstall anything, complete guess if this makes any difference but looks like it could be a difference between my setup and others.

Upvote 0
Those with the beta, did you fully delete all the user files before running the Release version?

At some point, the file directory changed, I believe I posted about it [begin sidetracked (to locate post)] Found it [/ sidetracked] I made the post on 09-08-2011, 09:04 PM
From what I can tell, the data has moved from:

Code:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config\

to

Code:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\

Reset your preferences through game as there have been some modifications of the layout and naming of the old ini
files.

Or in other words, the same configs that were used in the Beta, as well as the initial release could not be the same unless a user manually moved them. But for what its worth. I will rename the directory and let the game recreate it just to rule that out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Could there be a similar problem with having RO1 installed?

Still trying to find out why my system also does not run RO2 properly.

Upvote 0