• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

simple changes to the bolting system on rifles (with bolt-action)

Spectre645

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011
Hi all,
this is my first post on these forums. I thought i'd bring up a small suggestion that popped up in the steam forums about the bolt action rifles

I suggested that manual bolting could be specified for the gun within the options menu.

For example; I prefer to bolt manually on sniper rifles so I can see if I got the kill. Or, perhaps you could implement something where if you hold down the mouse button after firing then it will delay the automatic bolt action until you release the button.

I know this is perhaps trivial in light of other issues you guys are busy slaving away on but i thought i'd put this here to see what would become of the suggestion.

you didn't really understand my post. what i mean is that it would be great if you can specify the weapon on which manual bolting is to be used.

For example, i like to use manual bolting on sniper rifles because i like to see if i made the kill before i bolt the rifle. For unscoped rifles i prefer it to be automatic since the bolting animation doesn't obscure the view of my target.

Alternatively, i suggested perhaps a system where you simply hold down the fire button after the shot to stop the automatic bolt action would be better than having to tick off any option in the menu.

Upvote 0