• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An honest request from an Axis Player.

An honest reply from an Allied Player.

An honest reply from an Allied Player.

So your complaining about people complaining? and are you SURE you played Allies? i bet you play Axis all the time :p show me times!

Servers right now people jump to Axis and the leftovers get clumped on Allies combine that with Mkb42 being easy mode...and you can NOT deny this!

Everytime ill get one shot off with my bolt and heres a Axis guy just running in spraying and praying...he can miss a good 5 times and then get me.

Something does need to be done about it... cause before this gun was included i was having tons of fun on Allied side and lately its just not as fun....and then i join Axis and its like a piece of cake to just steamroll over Allies.

Upvote 0
While having some good points, your post is still a typical defensive post of someone who is using an overpowered entity in a game but wants to believe that it is still all skill. Sure, skill does come into the equation, but you just need to realise that you really do have a much easier gun to use, and in most of those cases when people call you an "mkb noob", they have a point, you probably would have lost that fight, have you had a bolt action rifle for example.

While we are at it, this is mostly about mkb because it is a flavor of the month, but all automatic (and to some extent semi automatic) weapons in this game are pretty much the same - very easy to use and require very little skill to get kills with. When the "mkb fad" is over, the whining will shift to drum-ppsh or mp-40/II.

If you are inclined to argue about this, consider doing a following experiment first, record your stats when playing with mkb or any smg for a few rounds on various maps, and then do the same, playing with a bolt rifle, but without changing you playing style. That means, do what you usually do, if you normally attack aggressively, do that. Record stats and compare your performance.

P.S.
Before you put me into the "mkb whiner" category and dismiss the post, note that I am not complaining about the mkb, but just pointing out why some people do.

But why should he use the bolt like he would an automatic weapon? You have to know the weapons strenghts and weaknesses if you want to preform good and the Mkb and a kar 98 should not be used in the same way and the kar should not be as good as the mkb because it was not in real life. Yes, there are to many mkbs out there and I think that it should be much more restricted, just as I think there should be a larger % of bolts... But when the game is made this way and I have bought the special edition of the game and thus am allowed to use it, should I not have the right to use it without being called a noobish cod-gamer?

Upvote 0
Yeah select fire is on "6" by default

I.e. the Weapon Mode function key. Never leave your fingers without it.

But why should he use the bolt like he would an automatic weapon? You have to know the weapons strenghts and weaknesses if you want to preform good and the Mkb and a kar 98 should not be used in the same way and the kar should not be as good as the mkb because it was not in real life. Yes, there are to many mkbs out there and I think that it should be much more restricted, just as I think there should be a larger % of bolts... But when the game is made this way and I have bought the special edition of the game and thus am allowed to use it, should I not have the right to use it without being called a noobish cod-gamer?

Just grow a thicker skin. People are way too sensitive to the criticism of other gamers when it comes to things like weapon and kit choice. Eventually, the people that can't stand one part or another of the game are going to move on, and the people that are left will adapt to the weapon balance.

After the last unlocks patch, I barely even notice whether I'm getting shot by an MKB or an MP40 anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah well the biggest issue i have with automatic weapons is the wound system because if you shoot a guy with a bolt and they get wounded if they have an auto(or semi) your dead everytime, imo i think you shouldnt be able to shoot back while ur bleeding (expect if its a legshot) would balance automatic weapons and be more realistic.

Upvote 0
For a period of time, everyone wanted the MG42. Now due to the MKB42, no one wants another powerful gun to the axis side due to balance issues. Even though those same people were complaining about realism > balance when TWI made the PPSH start off with a regular mag and not the drum.

I dunno, that's just been my observation from lurking these forums for some time now...

The right observation should be that 90% of the people who were whining about the Mkb42 are (O)PPSH users.
Sadly, they filled the pools and won. :rolleyes:

We're gonna have good times ahead of us when TWI keeps listening to whiners. Looked almost exactly like changes that are made to some MMORPGs... so we have to expect so called "Balance-Patches" which are based on the amount who cried most... and it never ends.
This will be great :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
And that all could have been avoided by just putting correct weapons in the game which were used in Stalingrad, there's tons of other things which are cool but aren't in RO2, even though they were there IRL.

Examples:

Molotov
MG42
Luger ( seriously you guys, WWII is nothing without the Luger. )

ect.

Actually, there is no evidence that the mg42 was in Stalingrad, and the prototype probably wasn't, but it's entirely possible, though not in any great numbers.

Even besides that, the mg42 wasn't manufactured until 1942 (with only 17k units being produced), while Stalingrad happened in Aug. 1942 to Feb. 1943. It is unlikely that the logistics of training personnel with the mg42 and supplying them in enough numbers in that time frame that would have allowed many to have been fielded in the Russian theater or war.

Upvote 0
My biggest issue with automatic weapons is the wound system because if you have a bolt and say for example shoot someone in the arm/chest and either get the delayed death or just wound them if they happen to have a auto/semi weapon they will pretty much always kill you unless you can dive for cover.
I think you shouldnt be able to fire back whilest your bleeding (unless its a leg wound) would be more realistic and fair to bolt users imo atm its like super humans who can shrug off a bullet wound to the arm and function normaly.

Upvote 0
Dude. It was an option in the key config menu (Weapon Function), and it was spelled out in the SP tutorial. There are other things that still aren't mentioned anywhere, but THIS was not one of them.

We still need a manual. But good old fashioned trying stuff out is necessary too.

You only kill people with AVT if they're standing above you.

I've had some success with limited bursts while scoped up at close range. But the gun has so much kick while not firing as many rounds as the PPSh, you often forget how much control you need to put on it. The full auto on it is situational at best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude. It was an option in the key config menu (Weapon Function), and it was spelled out in the SP tutorial. There are other things that still aren't mentioned anywhere, but THIS was not one of them.

We still need a manual. But good old fashioned trying stuff out is necessary too.

I've had some success with limited bursts while scoped up at close range. But the gun has so much kick while not firing as many rounds as the PPSh, you often forget how much control you need to put on it. The full auto on it is situational at best.

I know about 6 for doing things like iron sights on snipers and barrel changes...but nowhere did it say anything about AVT selective fire (although I admit I haven't played Russian campaign yet so I guess if it is anywhere it is in there)

Upvote 0
In short, my arguments are:

MKB-42.

SHORT RANGE MAP: Godly penetration. Even if you're a smart rifleman who ducks back behind that doorway as soon as he sees the muzzle flash, the MKB can go through anything short of a double brick wall.

LONG RANGE MAP: Great range and accuracy in single shots. All of a sudden the Axis team has up to six additional semiautomatic rifles with greater magazine capacity. Thank God I haven't played a round on Fallen Fighters yet where the Germans have Six MkBs in addition to seven G41s and the usual mix of weapons.

Is its behavior realistic? Yes. Does it take skill to use well? Some. Does it need a nerf? No. Can it be beaten up close/at range? Of course. Does it give the Axis an advantage? YES--it's a prototype ASSAULT RIFLE! In a one on one matchup, it should be superior, and I'm not complaining!

But are there too many of them? Definitely.

MP40/II:

MEDIUM RANGE: 7 seconds of sustained, accurate, controllable fire with a brief pause in between--negligible assuming the enemy isn't constantly attacking. Multiply by 3 (the other three Axis assault troopers took Mkbs:rolleyes:). Result? That quadrant of the map is now closed. According to rumor, the added weight of the bigger magazine further reduces recoil.

CLOSE RANGE: You're behind enemy lines, upstairs in the Town Hall on Spartanovka, Grain Elevator, or Zab's House on Pavlov's. You see four Russians firing out a window, their backs to you. Empty clip one, eight bullets per Ruskie. A quick one second transition to clip two as you move towards the next room. The two Soviet riflemen inside jump out to try and catch you mid-reload, you hose them down with exactly a quarter of your second clip, move on. A PPSh ambushes you, and you respond with fully automatic hipfire. He runs dry after 2.3 seconds of fire, but you still have enough ammo to hose him for another 1.3 seconds after he's already dead!!

Is its behavior realistic? Yes. Does it take skill to use well? Some. Does it need a nerf? No. Can it be beaten up close/at range? Of course. Does it give the Axis an advantage? Once 4 squad leaders, the commander, and two engineers get it in addition to the three assault troopers who chose it over the Mkb, what do you think?

It negates any ammo capacity advantage of the PPSh drum mag, reduces the MP40's disadvantage at point-blank range, retains or even improves mid-range accuracy, and drastically reduces down time between the first two clips. The PPSh's only advantage then is in rate of fire--not insignificant, but hardly comforting at fifty yards.

Are there too many of them? Definitely.

In conclusion, yes a PPSh user who knows what he is doing can outfight an Mkb or MP40. The problem is that an MP40 or Mkb user with no idea of what he is doing can outfight three or four PPSh users who don't have any clue either. And a team with three Mkb users and three MP40/II users who really know what they're doing against a competent Allied team? You be the judge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
boo hoo OP

listen, the MKB is overpowered, historically so...but it's still OP, the sad part is, the Russian close quarter guns are borked. No drum mag for the ppsh? Slower rate of fire? No single fire mode? The Mp-40 is a lazer gun and even beats the ppsh at 10 feet unless the PPSH user is really good at recoil control?

it's really sad. the MKB is as controllable as the mp-40 and powerful, and the MP-can make lazer shots with ease out to 100 yards or more. I've snap shotted people's heads from 50 yards easy. Try that with a ppsh!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomten
Upvote 0
boo hoo OP

listen, the MKB is overpowered, historically so...but it's still OP, the sad part is, the Russian close quarter guns are borked. No drum mag for the ppsh? Slower rate of fire? No single fire mode? The Mp-40 is a lazer gun and even beats the ppsh at 10 feet unless the PPSH user is really good at recoil control?

it's really sad. the MKB is as controllable as the mp-40 and powerful, and the MP-can make lazer shots with ease out to 100 yards or more. I've snap shotted people's heads from 50 yards easy. Try that with a ppsh!

No you haven't, stop lying.

Upvote 0
I think the main point of this topic is about the trollish whiners who call people n00bs or imply they just came into the game from BF/CoD simply because they use a certain weapon. It's childish, petty and says more about the person flaming, than it does about the person using a specific weapon or class.

Piles of people in RO:CA & RO1 used the STG44 almost all the time. It's basically the same weapon, yet nobody complained this much about it in either game. They were there, people used them, people countered them.

Yet now we have people being butthurt & trolling while trying to defend it all by using lame technicalities & excuses like "they weren't use during that period" or "It's a cheap weapon that takes no skill."

When comparing the actual game mechanics and design of the previous RO's that had the STG44, there is really no difference between the STG44 and the MKB42, yet I continually saw all these wonderful "RO1 Vets" running around & spamming their little hearts out with the STG44 in every map that had it available.

Yet suddenly these same jokers come along and trash anybody who does the same thing with the MKB42 due to some technicality they hang onto with a death grip.

For the record, I use & prefer the MP40 over the MKB42, as I find the 42 a lot weaker and have to put more rounds into my target than with the MP40.

Anybody remember Team Fortress Classic and how much crap any player was given if they used the Soldier or worse, the Heavy Weapons Guy?

Too many people got so butthurt over those classes, especially the HWGuy, moaning that they were over powered.

They weren't, people were just too damn lazy to learn decent counter tactics, or think they should be able to take them out with a scout.

And people going on about "Oh well try to do the same tactics you do with the 42 with a bolt rifle and tell me there's skill involved with the 42."

Seriously?

You don't use the same tactics for every class. That's why you die.

Upvote 0
, than it does about the person using a specific weapon or class.

Piles of people in RO:CA & RO1 used the STG44 almost all the time. It's basically the same weapon, yet nobody complained this much about it in either game. They were there, people used them, people countered them.

I disagree. the STG44 actually took some skill to shoot full auto at more than point blank standing. when supported in the old RO it was as accurate as now. It used to be a gun that was not very noob friendly just because of it's recoil...but now it seems to have much less recoil. I feel thats accurate, since I've shot assault rifles before, but being fair when there is a lot of them around it is not

Upvote 0