• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lag spikes when playing

Grillet

Sep 13, 2011
Hello, I have this really annoying problem. It's not related to the FPS because I'm steady over 60 FPS.
But the thing is that when I play the ping is fine in the beginning and everything is running smoothly, but after a while my ping cranks up so that I have around 100 more than I had in the beginning. I.e. 60 at first then later around 160. And if I go to pingtest.net directly afterwards this happens or under the same time I get alot higher ping to a server that's less then 50 miles from me and I get alot of packet losses.

So is there any ports I should open or is there any other workaround?

I included this video so that you can see what I mean if you don't understand, there are some "teleports" in the beginning
redorchestralag.wmv - YouTube

This has happened to me a couple of times as well. I heard mention that it is a server issue, the server is having a hard time with a 64/64 server.
Thing is, this happens on all servers. I've had these issues on servers with players as low as 10, 5 on each team. Some servers I've played on with 64 players runs smoothly until my kind of problem starts.

Upvote 0
Same problem for me I physically can not play the game i feel robbed. Every time I bring this issue up I get hushed or completely ignored, i have no idea if TW are fixing this any time soon. Its all well and good patching the game how they have been lately, but it makes not a blind difference to me whats the damn point if i cant play the game, tell me who plays a game with ping of 100 to 300 how can anyone on earth put up with that!

During the beta I was having a ping of 30 maximum. Anyway who am I kidding they don't care will be banned for giving my opinion more than likely, happened last time. All i can hope for is i get my patch and fast.

Upvote 0