• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Audio dies occasionally when server changes maps

SnowyOak

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
Chicago, USA
I don't mean the game audio, I mean my system stops making ANY sounds. The game doesn't have any audio anymore, my music won't play and when looking at the device properties in windows volume mixer it shows absolutely no signal.

I'm reporting this as a RO2 bug because after closing the game out, my audio restores completely. I've never experienced this with any other game, ever.

Let me know if you folks at TWI need ANYTHING I can provide to help give more info :)

I'm having almost similar problems, only that my audio gets totally f***d up after loading a new map. All the games sounds disappear and all I can hear is loud buzzing sound, almost like some interference from microphone. The thing is I don't have plugged anything into mic port. Checking Windows audio panel it shows that RO2 is making that sound. Buzzing sound disappears when I restart the game. :confused:

Upvote 0
I've had this problem since beta, and it does still occasionally happen. I get a "static pop" from the sound system when it happens, and everything is then silent. On exiting the game, I get a second pop and all is well again - RO2 seems to be disabling and enabling the Windows audio system, or the sound card, or something :) It is then re-initialised/restored when the game exits.

Upvote 0
its the first and only bug i hate...

is there sth we can do?

maybe interesting fact: when the sound dies (i Alt tab to desktop), my windows sound is lowered! (but not in the mixer section - cant see lowered fader, all is maximum normal) - and when i close the game - the windows sound is back to normal.

maybe this helps?

--

my guess: it has something to do with the microphone talk setting stuff..

if we could completely disable in game talking for testing purposes it will show if its the reason!

Last edited:
Upvote 0