• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do I need an upgrade?

I wouldn't jump the gun on anything at the moment, right now the game isn't running optimal for many people even with really good system setups. TWI claims the setups and hardware is having a bottle neck somewhere on peoples computers so theyre going to have to go in there and modify how the game processes all of that.

check your video card and processor benchmark...I like this website:

[url]http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/[/URL]

Then you can compare the performance of what you have versus a newer processor and also the video card, basically the most you can afford is the best thing to do obviously but there are usually good more "value" type processors that are up there but not as insanely expensive since it's just necessarily top of the line.

Upvote 0
I play on 1920 x 1080

Medium detail/textures/character details.

everything else on medium or low.

With ambient occlusion on and light shafts.

Experiencing serious stutter and lag :\.

Can't use the PPSH because of the stutter...

PS. Changing to the lowest settings there are, makes NO difference... neither does making it higher :\

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the ROENGINE.ini

it says my texture streaming pool size is "140"

Shouldn't it be something nearer to 2056?

Also there are other variables that appear to be intervals at which memory is assigned to increase pool size, may this be causing the stutter?

Maybe tripwire should ask us all with bad performance, to post our ROENGINE.ini files, and computer specifications.

Upvote 0
I play on 1920 x 1080

Medium detail/textures/character details.

everything else on medium or low.

With ambient occlusion on and light shafts.

Experiencing serious stutter and lag :\.

Can't use the PPSH because of the stutter...

PS. Changing to the lowest settings there are, makes NO difference... neither does making it higher :\

Its odd the variety of results people are seeing. My setup is different but comparable to yours..

CPU: E8400 dual core @ 3.6Ghz
GFX: GTX480
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 (1066)
SC: x-fi extreme music
HD: SSD
Win7 (x64)
1680x1050

But i get 60-70 fps average, ULTRA settings (Bloom off & shadows on High), no stutters and perfectly smooth gameplay.. :confused:

Sorry this may not help you much... but just want to point out at least compared to mine you 'should' run great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the processor in my signature actually good enough for this game? If not, then what would one recommended that I upgrade to, so I can achieve acceptable performance in this game?

Idk what acceptable performance is for you but if I were you I wouldn't upgrade. Your system is good enough to run this game at a normal resolution with acceptable frames(60).

Upvote 0