• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

I just registered today, but I've been reading a lot. I just got the game two days ago, and so far...I have to be honest, it's a little bit disappointing to be frank. I want to like the game, but even after this patch, it keeps crashing even more. I don't have a wimpy PC either. I hope I find some solutions, so I can go back to enjoying the game.

BTW, I'm from Lawrenceville, GA, 30 year old gamer.

Upvote 0
World at War?

World at War?

Hi, I'm Mack Missiletoe,

I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops on my XBOX 360 before I purchased Red Orchestra 2. I was bored out of my mind, wondering how I was going to survive through work the next day knowing that it took 6 bullets to kill enemies in Black Ops the night before.

An enemy 50 yards away is 'long range' for any Call of Duty video game I've played. I was livin' on the edge, maaan. Eatin' dirt and reloading my assault rifle every few shots. I could have sworn I shot my RPG before I died... :(

Just the other day I unloaded a large magazine on an AR-toting enemy. He killed me. I had a machine gun. He should have died, or at least taken cover. He wasn't scared at all--stood up & fragged me like a ...um ...a rat without a machine gun (?). BROKE GAME

The weapon performance just sucks in Black Ops XD It was a love-hate relationship that left me unsatisfied & feeling awkward each night. I realize now that I was slowly losing my manhood. Extra maps are supposed to be free!

After I dusted off my PC and loaded Red Orchestra 2, it was a breath of fresh air. I simply run out into a field, attempt to take cover, and die in 1-2 shots on average. Them feisty snipers & their scopes... Respawn!
I don't have to worry about reloading even my bolt action rifle to kill 2-3 enemies in a row on a good day! I'm so happy :)

I enjoy the weapons' mechanical details. They are correct, or at least proper compared to any other FPS games. How many cartridges did I have loaded again? I truly appreciate that the machine guns' awesome firepower forces enemies to take cover and fear for their lives. I can't explain how exciting that feature is. In COD, machine guns are 'just an AR with a longer magazine'. Awwkwaaaard :p

I know that RO2 was released with bugs, but the updates have been rollin' in since the 16th of September. Really, I love Red Orchestra 2. And keep them patches & updates coming. We appreciate it & look forward to all the interesting situations RO2 puts us in.

I know times are hard. A good meal-&-nap can help make tomorrow feel like I'm getting pinned down by a machine gun while bleeding out. Yay! XD XD XD

-Mack Missiletoe

Upvote 0
Howdy folks,

I thought I'd finally make my first post here. I've been reading these forums accountless for ages already.

The reason I am posting now, is that I see a lot of folks complaining how bad this game is. Seems it's easier for people to pick on the bugs rather than commending the good things.

I've been awaiting this game and I had high hopes put into this. I feel you guys haven't let me down. This game is thrilling and pure fun. I enjoy every second (okay... maybe not those seconds where I get killed a lot lol).

Thank you very much, devs!

See you guys in game! :IS2:

Upvote 0
I've Already made a few posts, but thought I might post here as well.

Hi, I'm Patriot Ranger! Steam ID

I'm a die-hard Team Fortress 2 Player, but I Saw Red Orchestra 2 and Became All Jumpy-joy at a New WWII Shooter :D And all the features looked Awesome as Well. Although I pre-ordered RO2, I was able to play a bit of RO:OSF too. So far, I'm enjoying the game immensely and look forward to seeing more epicness in the future!

Anyways, thats all for now xD

Upvote 0
Well, what's to say. Been a gamer for as long as I can remember. Red Baron 3D, Fighter Ace, WWIIOnline, Call of Duty series, Battlefield Bad Company series, Red Dragon Series, World of Tanks...

I'd been looking forward to this game when I first saw the screenshots, was ready but promptly... Forgot about it until a Kotaku review made it blip onto my radar again.

Probably be picking it up after work today. I've always been a WWII FPS fan no matter how many people say it's outdated or done to death so really looking forward to this one.

Upvote 0
Hello all. I'm wooki. 40yrs old come october and a absolute grognard pc-gaming nerd. Was a fan of Ostfront where I went by Hemmetti or Dragovorg. Not a hardcore player but a bit more than your average casual.

Loving ro2 and belong the the lucky (majority?) who hasn't had problems with it. Signed up mostly to maybe find a nice group of swedes or finns to join up with along the way. As to get my most of the ro2 experience and leave the pub-maelstrom.

Oh btw, my other fave games, if I'd make a top three, are the arma-, and stalker-series.

I work as a freelance illustrator out in the country so I have lots of time for games! :)

Longtime lurker.

Upvote 0
Hi! New player here.

Got off to a rocky start with this game - new controls that didn't quite make sense, a cherman speeking zer english (I learned some german - I much prefer the native lang), intrusive patriotic music and wimpy gun sounds.

So I swapped out the sound files, dialed down the music and maxed out the guns. Now, a Kar sounds like how it did in ROOST - but I appreciate the increased quality of the sound. Coupled with the shouts of german and russian, I am now hooked. The single player is so much better than previous, I feel it's actually good at introducing the game. But I hope native language dialogue for each intro is on the way!

My only beef is with the machine guns. Doesn't have hat buzzsaw oomph that it used to have.

Upvote 0
Hello there, I am Ciberglubsch from Germany.
I just bought the game two days ago and now I am starting to play the multiplayer. Since I usually only play police-roleplay on GTA IV:MP-Mod or San Andreas Multiplayer Mod servers, I am not really used to first person shooters, especially none like this one.
Still looking forward to become kind of good, I hope to see you ingame :3

Upvote 0