• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 video with ultra quality settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never claimed "max' I claimed Ultra quality which I am with the exception of shadows to high. FSAA has nothing to do with quality in game settings. I don't understand why you guys think it is. It is an extra that most games don;t even use or use properly. The settings I use are using 6 ultra settings. The only setting that is normal is the shadow clussion setting that plays no role in the overall look of the game. You can run around for hours looking at shadows and be hard pressed finding where it really shows a difference. So at the end of the day the settings you guys are nit-picking over are moot. There is no magic GPU usage number that a game has to hit before you think it is good. The GPU usage app is a bunch of nonsense in the first place!

"There is no magic GPU usage number that a game has to hit before you think it is good. The GPU usage app is a bunch of nonsense in the first place!"
God you are the worst troll ever. the % is how hard the game is working your system for example crysis 1 uses 99% of both my gpus
This game uses about 35%
Your making your self look stupid
but I guess you have been doing that all day

Upvote 0
I'm trying to upload the full vid I have of me playing on a busy server with fraps counter top right corner. It is slightly misleading as it limits the recording to 60 FPS. At any rate you will see how smooth the game runs for me on my GTX460 2500K. It will take a while to upload as it is 3.4GB in size.

hahahhaha you'd better use your time googling out video editing tutorial,
and youtube tips ;)

is this one also 480p :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You guys have some serious issues with what is Ultra quality. The screen shot I uploaded shows I use the following:

Detail Mode: Ultra
Charactor Detail: Ultra
Shadow Quality: High (Ultra kills performance)
FX Quality: High (the games maximum setting)
FSAA: Off (bone-head feature anyways)
Post Processing Quality: Ultra
Lighting Quality: Ultra
Foliage Quality: High (the games maximum setting)

And yet because I have no FSAA it should not be considered ultra? LOL Give your head a shake people! Thats right, use your head for more then just a hat rack!

Take all 5 of those brain cells and muster enough brain power to look above and realize the above is Ultra quality for this game!!

Upvote 0
I never claimed "max' I claimed Ultra quality which I am with the exception of shadows to high. FSAA has nothing to do with quality in game settings.
The thing is though the Ultra setting (the actual default one) includes ultra Shadows, MLAA (you can claim this has nothing to do with the ingame setting but it does as it's the default Ultra setting and turning it off gives a massive FPS boost), Bloom, Motion Blur & Ambient Occlusion all set to on, as soon as you disabled these you no longer had the Ultra setting you had a Custom one.

I'm happy your happy with your settings BUT for the past few days you've been claiming you've been getting great framrates with Ultra settngs BUT you haven't, you've been getting great framerates with some settings on Ultra and a number of FPS hogs disabled.

And yet because I have no FSAA it should not be considered ultra? LOL Give your head a shake people! Thats right, use your head for more then just a hat rack!
You have no MLAA (thats the default Ultra setting), no Ultra shadows, no Bloom, no Motion blur & no Ambient Occlusion, that's why people aren't considering it ultra.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can't anyone see what this guy is doing?

Look at my post:

I like the part where your screen stops for a split second when the video starts and you turn right. I also love the part that there is no FPS meter in the video itself, the part where you run towards the outskirts of the map and look in a totally opposite direction from where you should be looking is especially juicy. Oh and btw, why look towards the ground? I know, the fps is allways higher when you look in the ground :)

And about your screenshot.
I can get 80 FPS on my Athlon X4 3.0 Ghz, 4 gigs of 1333mhz ram and GTS450 on that location you took the screenshot at. With settings all on High with AA turned ON.

Still when I join populated areas the fps is between 35 and 60. You're full of it..............

Now look at his answer to this post:

Yes it stops for a split second when you press the record botton to record sherlock....anything else?

He chooses to completely ignore every argument anyone points out, as if I or anyone else said absolutely nothing, he just ignores it and keeps going by his own formula. He's been doing the same thing with everyone elses post I read in this thread. He quotes the post, and ignores the real facts and arguments and keeps repeating the same thing over and over again blindly following his own believes choosing not to accept even the possibility that a vast number of people with PC's better than his can't run the game properly.

I hate to be the wikipedia psychologist but here goes:

Denial is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.
If this guy is not in denial then I can't think of a better example...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
here is a screencap of my game settings. I have 4gb of ddr3 1600mhz by the way:

rogame2011091818002894.jpg

i love his setting
at least he trying to play the game the way it should be played
not turning everything off
so he can get a few more kills

Upvote 0
This guy is just showing off with his hardware and putting the full blame in the other gamer's setup.

I admire his tactic if I'd fancy trolling. ;)

Yes this is a big pissing match for me. Seriously no... I'm trying to show that the game runs just fine with a properly configured system. My system is not high-end by any means. The only thing running really fast on my system is CPU and video card which by the way is an older generation GTX460. I have it running 800core/1800cuda/4000memory. This is the default stock speed of the GTX560. Both cards are the exact same right down to the number of cuda cores of 336. Anyways, I will try to compress this stupid video before I go to work today...

Upvote 0
This guy is just showing off with his hardware and putting the full blame in the other gamer's setup.

I admire his tactic if I'd fancy trolling. ;)

The best part is when he suggests that the game has no performance issues, like this...

Exactly! These guys get all upset and personal when they see other guys with better PC's running this game the way Trip made it. This proves the game code is actually very good. The performance problems they have has NOTHING to do with the game. It is there hardware /configs 100%...

I wonder why the devs are losing sleep over trying to fix all the performance issues, stuttering and FPS drops when according to this " genius ", there are no performance issues :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.