• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A List you don't want to end up on

Come from some arcade shooter where you feel 'the man'

Play RO / RO2

Get 0wned..... alot

Then... either enjoy it and strive to get better, or QQ and h4x

I love getting literally abused by someone and not knowing how, I admire it even!

edit: unless you're camping somewhere so obscene my common sense filter over rides it... like "why would you be there?!?... oh because it works :("

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I got killed by that sorrow guy a few days ago, fully deployed smoke and I hear an mp40 pulling single shots on the other side all landing around me till thwack i get headshot. Think his name was S- something.

( it was on a server with killed from direction )

edit: Almost forgot the purpose of this post.

Muchas Gracias PBBans, keep up the good work!

Upvote 0
I guess this is forever going to be one of the mysteries of online gaming. I think there is no short answer to this. Low self esteem, wanting to stand out, wanting to be a complete d***, having a short one...who knows.

One thing that is certain is that those guys are ruining online gaming for everyone who wants to have a good time...

No, its because they just plain suck when trying to play the game the right way.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, I'm glad we've got something like this. I've seen the videos on youtube of how the hacks are already made for this game and its scary how good they are.. I hope you guys can catch em all that way we don't have to deal with any cheaters. Either that or they get bored fast from being banned so fast.

I feel exactly the same.But im wondering how das the streaming work? as in how can i set it up on my server ?

p.s.

Keep it up PBBans and get'em all !!!

Upvote 0
Couldn't imagine just pressing W and fire (never cheated so NO clue) How is that fun?

For the people that do it, the fun is not the playing the game, it's the rage that gets thrown at them for it. They are attention seeking whores, most of them.

The few that are subtle with their cheats are usually using them to try and compensate for a failing they have. Maybe they are never quick enough to win sudden engagements, maybe they never hit what they are shooting at, but they see the cheat as "levelling the playing field" rather than as a cheat.

Basically they act like everyone else is cheating so they have to do it just to keep up.

Those are the two basic motivations I have come across. In the former case, those guys are assholes and banning them is the only option. They WANT you to know they are cheating. Any kind of reaction to it at all is what they want.

The latter cases are subtle enough that they COULD just be a really good player. This means they don't really affect the game that much. They will beat you one on one most times, but their lack of skill usually leaves them exposed to sound small unit tactics. Not even aimbots and wallhacks can help if they can't get the angle they need to hit me, or if I have a buddy covering me when I move.

Wallhacks may help them to think things through, and make it less likely they get ambushed, but so do good small unit tactics. So he really has no more advantage than someone who has a lot of experience with FPS games, or who has real world knowledge they can apply. In a game like RO where everything is pretty realistic, aimbots and wallhacks give you less of an advantage than they do in twitchy arcade shooters.

I'm pretty good at snap shots. In fact on some games I get accused of cheating because of it. The thing I notice is that MY "aimbot" is often quicker and more accurate than their aimbot, because theirs has been programmed to be slightly less accurate and quick than is possible, to make them seem more natural.

So some times I can be quicker and more accurate than the guy with the aimbot. But it's usually luck more than anything.

Basically, the cheats only have as much affect on the game as the non-cheats let them. If you are too concerned about cheating, suddenly everyone looks like a cheat, and you will become a cheat yourself or you will stop playing the game... and they will have won.

The guys who are just trying to spoil the game are usually the guys who suck so bad at it, that they can't even do well with a subtle cheat. At that point they are just trying to ruin everyone's fun. Ignore them and keep playing. THAT is how you beat them. If you're on a server and an obvious hacker is playing, don't respawn until they leave, but make it clear you won't be forced out of the server. I have known some people to use a hack simply to get a bunch of people to leave so that their mates can join the server.

If the players who don't cheat won't spawn, only the cheats are left playing with themselves, and 9 times out of 10 they will get bored within minutes and leave. Just wait them out.

Still PBBans is an awesome idea. If someone wants to **** up one game, they should get banned from all games. No one likes a cheat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I find it quite coincidental that PB rarely catches a hack before it's months old, and most of those "catches" were on the 7th Cav server. Why coincidental? Because 7th Cav actively admins its servers and often spectates for cheaters. I'll bet dollars to donuts that's exactly what happened here. What, nobody using those hacks on other servers were caught by PB? Did 7th Cav get a super-duper-delux PB package? :rolleyes:

Every one of the bans is an Evenbalance violation. So it was Punkbuster that caught them all. (as far as i know)

So it does work, its not perfect but it does work. And I would rather have it, VAC and good admins over just any one of them.

Upvote 0
For the people that do it, the fun is not the playing the game, it's the rage that gets thrown at them for it. They are attention seeking whores, most of them.

The few that are subtle with their cheats are usually using them to try and compensate for a failing they have. Maybe they are never quick enough to win sudden engagements, maybe they never hit what they are shooting at, but they see the cheat as "levelling the playing field" rather than as a cheat.

Basically they act like everyone else is cheating so they have to do it just to keep up.

Those are the two basic motivations I have come across. In the former case, those guys are assholes and banning them is the only option. They WANT you to know they are cheating. Any kind of reaction to it at all is what they want.

The latter cases are subtle enough that they COULD just be a really good player. This means they don't really affect the game that much. They will beat you one on one most times, but their lack of skill usually leaves them exposed to sound small unit tactics. Not even aimbots and wallhacks can help if they can't get the angle they need to hit me, or if I have a buddy covering me when I move.

Wallhacks may help them to think things through, and make it less likely they get ambushed, but so do good small unit tactics. So he really has no more advantage than someone who has a lot of experience with FPS games, or who has real world knowledge they can apply. In a game like RO where everything is pretty realistic, aimbots and wallhacks give you less of an advantage than they do in twitchy arcade shooters.

I'm pretty good at snap shots. In fact on some games I get accused of cheating because of it. The thing I notice is that MY "aimbot" is often quicker and more accurate than their aimbot, because theirs has been programmed to be slightly less accurate and quick than is possible, to make them seem more natural.

So some times I can be quicker and more accurate than the guy with the aimbot. But it's usually luck more than anything.

Basically, the cheats only have as much affect on the game as the non-cheats let them. If you are too concerned about cheating, suddenly everyone looks like a cheat, and you will become a cheat yourself or you will stop playing the game... and they will have won.

The guys who are just trying to spoil the game are usually the guys who suck so bad at it, that they can't even do well with a subtle cheat. At that point they are just trying to ruin everyone's fun. Ignore them and keep playing. THAT is how you beat them. If you're on a server and an obvious hacker is playing, don't respawn until they leave, but make it clear you won't be forced out of the server. I have known some people to use a hack simply to get a bunch of people to leave so that their mates can join the server.

If the players who don't cheat won't spawn, only the cheats are left playing with themselves, and 9 times out of 10 they will get bored within minutes and leave. Just wait them out.

Still PBBans is an awesome idea. If someone wants to **** up one game, they should get banned from all games. No one likes a cheat.

You make a good argument, but it doesn't make me feel any better when I get aimbotted or walled.

Upvote 0
lol they caught a handful of people :confused: there will be hundreds or thousands hacking in it already.

like all the games the silly basic ones will be caught and the paid subscription ones will not .

most of the subscription sites will give them another game if caught and so they just carry on . makes no difference to them.on vac theyll only be banned from same engine game all other games will work just fine .

fps gaming needs the games devs to start taking this matter seriously and do it themselves not third party groups .

why ask someone else to do what you made makes no sense other than cost of doing so . at end of day its all about money and this is why hacking is slowly increasing to silly proportions cause it costs whoever makes there game to stop these cheaters so they hand it off to someone else and then they have one less cost to not take away from there profit.

why pay yourself when you can get others to do it for free ?

can the others be as good as you could with your own inside knowledge ?
= no.

Reactions: u-s-e-r and jalex3
Upvote 0