• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Speedhack???

Gurkan021

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2011
Hi i got banned from 3 servers cause it it pop-up something "Speed hack detecated" but im not using it i bough the game yesterday. Im playing on my moms computer but if i go over to my computer i can play without any pop up about speed hack. I got the messeage when my FPS drops down or if im lagging for 2sec then i got that speed hack thing. How do i fix it? Cause i can play about 2min then i be kicked and banned from the server.
And dont come here and say f*cking cheater if i was cheating my steam acc should been banned for longtime ago.
Im not that kinda of n00b who need cheats to get frags or something else. I play fair and without cheat.
I can play CSS or othergames without that message. So please help how do i get away this message about speed hack.

Sounds like a rubberbanding problem - what's your connection speed like?
We are using wireless 100mbit. And i played for like 4 hours on my comp and i did not get any speedhack thing. But now im sitting on my mother comp i got it.

Dose not matter what server or ping the server has still sama problem. I played on a Swedish server cause im from Sweden i got banned from there cause it says im using speedhack.

Upvote 0
We are using wireless 100mbit. And i played for like 4 hours on my comp and i did not get any speedhack thing. But now im sitting on my mother comp i got it.

Dose not matter what server or ping the server has still sama problem. I played on a Swedish server cause im from Sweden i got banned from there cause it says im using speedhack.
What's your broadband speed like? Also gaming on a wireless connection will increase your lag a lot and can contribute to rubberbanding.

First thing I would do is hardwire a connection to your wireless box, if you can.

Upvote 0
Got this problem also why build this crap into the game if it runs VAC and PB? i mean come on and my only option is wireless like lots of others no game has ever banned me or given me problems lag or otherwise with my wireless connection. Another week or two of NOT being able to play a game i just paid 40$ for what a crock :mad:

Upvote 0
Got this problem also why build this crap into the game if it runs VAC and PB? i mean come on and my only option is wireless like lots of others no game has ever banned me or given me problems lag or otherwise with my wireless connection. Another week or two of NOT being able to play a game i just paid 40$ for what a crock :mad:
You shouldnt play or do anything else that requires a stable connection with a wireless connection

Upvote 0
Ihave also that problem . all the time speedhack detecated, i'm getting a bit fustrated as an old PB admin .i buy a game and i never cheated all my life ,i spent half my life catching the noobs and now i have a game with a build in speedhack ??????????
please fix this

Speedhack just means that your machine is having latency problems. it could be either your internet conenction or your pc.
Does your PC meet the minimum specs? I had the same problem till I upgraded my video card. I still need a new rig to really enjoy the game but for now I dont have the speedhack problem.

Upvote 0
Speedhack just means that your machine is having latency problems. it could be either your internet conenction or your pc.
Does your PC meet the minimum specs? I had the same problem till I upgraded my video card. I still need a new rig to really enjoy the game but for now I dont have the speedhack problem.

I dont agree on that one , i have a 60mb download and a 6mb upload line NOT wireless. my ping is most of the time the lowest on the server .my pc is over classed for this game so that can't be it , all other games i dont have any problems. and also with the Beta version i didn't have this , only some crashes .

Upvote 0
I dont agree on that one , i have a 60mb download and a 6mb upload line NOT wireless. my ping is most of the time the lowest on the server .my pc is over classed for this game so that can't be it , all other games i dont have any problems. and also with the Beta version i didn't have this , only some crashes .

Nezzi - lag is caused by many things - many of them not your computer or your connection, and I agree that the game is could be causing some of them - but you need to check the obvious before you go to the game and the game servers

Upvote 0
This is a very serious problem for many of us.

Many of us that don't use wireless connections! We use fast, wired connections and don't experience this problem in any other game available.

I'm essentially locked out from playing RO2 online until TripWire fixes this.

So far the only official answer I've seen -- from PUTZ in my "Catastrophic Speedhack" thread -- is that it's a client-side/server-side issue and there isn't anything TripWire can do about it. It's up to the server administrators to tweak their settings (is there an explanation on how to do this?) and thus potentially allow real cheaters to compromise the game.

I really hope that TripWire is taking this problem seriously because it renders the game completely unplayable for many of us. :(

Upvote 0
I'll repost this here as well...

The setting to change it on the server is located in ROGame.ini

MaxSpeedhackDetections=3 (this is the number of detections until the 2nd line kicks in)
SpeedhackPunishment=1 (0= no action, 1= kick, 2=session ban, 3=perm ban)

Bandwidth isn't the issue here. It's stability. It could be your isp throttling your connection. It could be a bad/inconsistent wifi signal. It can also be your anti-virus or firewall that could be delaying packets. I wouldn't say your are SOL. There might be additional tweaks coming.

We take all issues that cause people to not be able to play the game seriously.

Upvote 0