• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS meter

No it isn't, there are many third party programs you can use, but I don't know if you can call a none Steam app from the launch options.

I use Afterburner and it runs all the time so is on when the game starts, showing fps, temp e.t.c.
I corrected my post before you posted. I use xfire to show my fps for every launch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No it isn't, there are many third party programs you can use, but I don't know if you can call a none Steam app from the launch options.

I use Afterburner and it runs all the time so is on when the game starts, showing fps, temp e.t.c.

You have an MSI card? Since afterburner seems to be an MSI product I'd rather not use it since I don't have their hardware.
You know of any other simple programs like that besides Fraps?

Upvote 0
You have an MSI card? Since afterburner seems to be an MSI product I'd rather not use it since I don't have their hardware.
You know of any other simple programs like that besides Fraps?

Nope, it works with all cards, just the voltage cannot be increased beyond a certain point with non msi cards. If you want that functionality too you would need to flash an MSI bios to your card.

I just use my Zotac card with it's stock bios and evertything else works fine ;)

If you want you can use Rivatuner which afterburner is based on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope, it works with all cards, just the voltage cannot be increased beyond a certain point with non msi cards. If you want that functionality too you would need to flash an MSI bios to your card.

I just use my Zotac card with it's stock bios and evertything else works fine ;)

If you want you can use Rivatuner which afterburner is based on.

Thx for the info, I'm downloading AB right now.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't use tools like msi afterburner all the time for stats viewing ingame or logging of FPS, temperatures and other stuff cause this ingame overlays and logging features CAN have a severe influence on the performance of your PC.

I simply added this line to my ROInput.ini:
Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="stat fps",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

It won't show you the fps by default but pressing a button ain't a big problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wouldn't use tools like msi afterburner all the time for stats viewing ingame or logging of FPS, temperatures and other stuff cause this ingame overlays and logging features CAN have a severe influence on the performance of your PC.

Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="stat fps",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

It won't show you the fps by default but pressing a button ain't a big problem.

No effect on performance here, I have tried with it on and off.

Upvote 0
I downloaded Afterburner but it annoyed me since it shows 2 icons in my tray, the program itself and the onscreen display. Uninstalled.
Fraps is great yes, so I was using it untill I saw this post by Markus. I hate having stuff in my tray which doesn't serve any especially useful purpose so I'll be disabling fraps too.

Thx a lot man this is exactly what I was asking for. <3

Upvote 0
I downloaded Afterburner but it annoyed me since it shows 2 icons in my tray, the program itself and the onscreen display. Uninstalled.
Fraps is great yes, so I was using it untill I saw this post by Markus. I hate having stuff in my tray which doesn't serve any especially useful purpose so I'll be disabling fraps too.

Umm, Click the up arrow next to tray icons, customize. Can show/hide tray icons. your excuses for not using FRAPs and MSI, sound really pathetic. FRAPS can allow you to record those OMG moments more than STAT FPS can show.

Upvote 0
Umm, Click the up arrow next to tray icons, customize. Can show/hide tray icons. your excuses for not using FRAPs and MSI, sound really pathetic. FRAPS can allow you to record those OMG moments more than STAT FPS can show.

Pathetic or not, they are my excuses, and really none of your business. I've been using a computer for a long enough time to know what I want and what I don't want shown on my desktop/tray at any given time. I'm not stupid enough to record a game which atm runs quite poorly with FRAPS and further damage my performance. Thankyouverymuch.

Upvote 0

THe whole point about having more then 1 CPU core and more then 2GB of system memory was to be able to have stuff in your system tray...

Reactions: skewp
Upvote 0

Agreed. The guy is, well, strange.

I have a good idea: Let us buy dual and quad core CPU's then run our computers as if it is a single core CPU!!

That is like buying an ATV and never driving off-road only driving on the city streets lol

Upvote 0
THe whole point about having more then 1 CPU core and more then 2GB of system memory was to be able to have stuff in your system tray...

I would really appreciate if you never, EVER posted anything in threads started by me, or directly reply to anything I post in any other thread.
I've had just about enough of your idiotic quips.

Upvote 0