• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Player movement speed is..

Player movement speed is..

• Too fast

Votes: 89 31.4%
  • Perfect

Votes: 185 65.4%
  • Too slow

Votes: 9 3.2%

• Total voters

zeep

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Simple poll. I'm curious to see what people think.

Personally i find the player movement speed too fast. This makes the gameplay very run&gun-ish and hectic, leaving little room for more teamplay coordinated tactical gameplay. It's become a fast spawn, die, spawn, die game.

While the player running speed feels a bit fast inside buildings due to the lack of speed decrease on stairs and the sudden loss of momentum when you try to turn, if I was sprinting full speed I wouldn't be able to navigate around corners and such without slowing down a bit, because that would just make me run into a wall.

It's pretty much spot on when it comes to realism, if I was a soldier I'd be able to run that fast, so why not put it in game. The way tactics were used in RO1 is of course good fun, but in real life soldiers would also just sprint in some situations.

Upvote 0
Generally the game pace is fast ergo the cod references in many topics.
However, i am not that sure if the running speed is that fast, but what caught my eye is that the running animation does not represent the actual speed. It seems like the running animation or something in it, is a bit misplaced making it seem wacky. Like the player is running in a clue or something. Though all this might be just that i haven't got used to it.

Upvote 0
I find it amusing how people manage to find the most irrelevant stuff to nagg about. Running speed is fine, period.

Running is fine, although the lack of speed decrease on stairs and the loss of momentum when you turn (it's like being weightless), as another poster mentioned, aren't irrelevant issues. Not game-breaking, but not a minor issue either, IMO.

Upvote 0
The run speed is fine. The problem is that people can turn on a frikkin dime at top speed. and there is no "weight" to a person... allowing people to zigzag and get to topspeed and stop instantly.

This, combined with the fact that someone who just sprinted 200-300m can stop and aim their gun perfectly (without bowling over gasping for air as you see runners do in track races) is why people have problems with the run speed.

Upvote 0
My interpretation of the players movement in RO2.

You are wearing lead boots, running on ice, your uniform is made of velcro and all objects in the game are made of velcro.
When faced with stairs or ladders to climb you exchange your lead boots for roller-skates.
When shot at you freeze like a bunny in headlights and start talking to yourself. :)

Upvote 0